Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Sr. Security Engineer Sacramento Or San Francisco
Technology Search Consultants, Inc.
Sacramento , CA 94203
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client, a $1B+ Solutions Integrator for the Enterprise and Government Sectors, is expanding throughout Northern California.
Rapidly growing at a pace unlike its competitors, California's state and local government relies on them for their expertise in Security, Infrastructure, Data Center and Collaboration
You will have the opportunity to
- Expand on your career by exposure to a variety of technologies and platforms outside your primary skill set
- Work side-by-side with major OEMs such as Cisco - having the inside track on new technologies that most firms are not privy to.
As a Senior Security Engineer you will be providing consultative solutions to State and Local Governments through deployments, upgrades, training and mentoring,
- You will work directly with clients and responds to security incidents and remediate if needed to mitigate any security vulnerabilities.
- Troubleshooting security-related issues with common networking protocols and performance issues across distributed segmented network infrastructures
Successful candidates will have a solid foundation and experience with one of the following technologies
- Sr Level expertise administering/maintaining/migrating perimeter security systems and managed security device platforms including IDS and firewalls around technologies includingCisco ISE, AMP, Firepower, ASA, Palo Alto, F5, Checkpoint
- Strong understanding of network principles related to TCP/IP; BGP, OSPF, MPLS,
- Good working knowledge in VPN technologies and security protocols like IPsec, ISAKMP, SSL, PKI, RADIUS, TACACS, EAP, LDAP
- Advanced Certifications are highly desired, including CCIE
We're looking for more than a skilled technologist - we're looking for:
- Passion to learn and expand your knowledge base
- Ability to communicate with the customer - to understand the core issues they are having and to ask the 'tough questions' - True Consultative mindset with ability to convey your conversations both written AND verbally.
- Commitment to excellence - Desire to do your role with competence and enthusiasm
- Proactive - ability to predict issues and resolve them before they happen.
Sacramento or San Francisco