Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1.Supports the acquisition, set-up and maintenance of IT hardware and software.
2.Maintains and administers Linux server equipment and clients, and performs software updates as required.
3.Configures and manages VPNs.
4.Supports P-to-V of Linux-based applications.
5.Establishes baseline and configuration control of P and V environments.
6.Supports customer testing of Linux server equipment and virtual environment.
7.Experience with basic networking to connect server/client/test equipment.
8.Proficient in VMware.
9.Knowledge of DevOps (Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet) required.
10. Organizes, preserves, and administers multiple configurations to meet test requirements.
11. Configures Cisco equipment.
12. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
13. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
14. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
15. Maintains system documentation
16. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
17. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
18. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
19. May program in an administrative language.
20. Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
21. Provides advice and training to end-users.
22. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
23. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
24. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
25. Participates in special projects as required.
26. Participates in the upgrading and operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
27. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
28. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
29. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves operating/hardware system problems.
30. Provides system/equipment specialized training and technical guidance.
31. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Experience with VPNs preferred.
Knowledge of commercial Telco best practices preferred
Familiarity with telecommunications desired.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics Information Technology