Sr. Oracle Applications Financials Analyst
Join the leading manufacturer of cosmetics in North America with this exciting opportunity in the cutting edge field of IT. As a Sr. Oracle Applications Financials Analyst you will gain the experience and knowledge of a world class organization spanning across multiple sites.
A. Ensure availability of critical computer systems up-time to be 99.5%
B. Ensure initial response time of IT requests to be less than 4 hours
C. Minimize the number of reports and ensure they relate to business KPIs
D. Ensure quality training for all end-users
E. Plan and administer resources, execute, and complete special projects according to deadline and within budget
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1.Provides day to day support and expertise for all business transactions and activities performed within Oracle Financial Applications, including but not limited to General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Cash Management.
2.Assists in supporting other Oracle Applications related to AP and AR including Purchasing and Order Management, as required.
3.Provide day to day support for Oracle Product Costing.
4.Provide subject matter expertise and support for all month-end related accounting close activities to ensure a smooth, accurate and timely financial month-end reporting.
5.Act as the Oracle Financials subject matter expert associated with content, processes and procedures, defining detailed requirements, analyzing the business needs and validating solutions with the end users.
6.Provides, performs and supports all business system testing requirements for all Oracle Financials related modules in support of upgrades and patching.
7.Assist in providing periodic ad-hoc reports as necessary to assist the Finance and Accounting departments in answering specific business questions.
8.Conduct End user training and develop training content and job aids as required.
9.Apply technical knowledge and expertise for the development, implementation and support of business functionality
10. Develop and document detailed functional specifications as it pertains to new reports, interfaces or customization.
11. Follow standard System Development lifecycle and documentation guidelines
12. Support Oracle applications through issue resolution and providing guidance to key users using the Help Desk software to ensure issue cause and resolutions are fully documented.
13. Provide input to the development of project plans and timeliness in order to meet established delivery dates
14. Provide excellent customer service and support for all functional solutions.
15. Act as the functional finance and accounting subject matter expert for Oracle Applications
16. Assists and performs daily IT log tasks and monitors for any exceptions that need to be addressed.
17. Documents and communicates all daily log task exceptions to appropriate support team expert.
18. Proposes and implements ideas to simplify daily activities in the Finance and Accounting departments by leveraging new or existing IT solutions.
19. Plan, organize and deliver special IT projects aimed at sustaining the company's business activity
20. Is available 24 x 7 for any critical Oracle application system related problems that may arise.
21. Perform other essential functions as assigned.
V. KNOWLEDGE SKILLS ATTITUDES
a) Bachelor's Degree in business related field and / or equivalent job experience
a) Minimum 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
b) Familiar with a variety of the Oracle Applications development concepts, practices, and procedures
c) Basic SQL and PL/SQL knowledge
d) Knowledge and use of TOAD or Oracle SQL Developer
e) Minimum 3-5 years operational experience in the manufacturing or similar sector.
f) Minimum 3 or more years Oracle Applications Financials modules experience on Oracle e-Business Suite Applications release 11i and or 12.
1.Excellent mathematical skills
2.Excellent Analytical skills
3.Ability to multitask (e.g. manage multiple projects)
4.Business and functional understanding
5.Possess strong business analysis, process mapping, and business process redesign and implementation skills.
6.Ability to translate and document functional requirements that will be used in the technical solution design.
7.Ability to document and maintain detailed business process mappings, user requirements and system design/configuration
8.High performer under pressure
9.Lead functional support discussions and interact with different teams to collaborate on business issues
10. Conduct Test planning and execution: Develop test data and plan, prepare, and execute application testing, including user acceptance testing
11. Ability to work independently and within a team equally well
12. Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
13. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
14. Proven problem-solving abilities and analytical skills
15. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and sound judgment
16. Demonstrate creativity, flexibility, and use of innovative approaches
1.Positive and communicative
2.Questioning and challenging
3.Accountable and transparent
5. "Can do" problem solving
9.Lack of blame attitude
I. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
A. The employee may frequently be required to lift large boxes weighing between 25-50 lbs.
B. The employee is regularly required to work in an office, warehouse, or outdoor environment which may be cold, hot and/or humid depending on the season.
C. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
D. The employee is frequently is required to sit, stand or walk