Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Sr. MS SQL Database Architect
Dahlgren , VA 22448
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Senior Database Architect will be part of a team of experts charged with providing support in the areas of cyber analysis and cyber development capabilities in response to Navys and DoDs needs for Cyber Situational Awareness (SA), Cyber Command and Control (C2), Mission Assurance, and Homeland Defense. Program scope includes identifying cyber key terrain by analyzing operational requirements, conducting cyber analyses and assessments, and developing and performing modeling and simulation in support of different cyber threat scenarios. The team will conduct cyber analyses and assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities and risks, determine mission and operational impacts, and make appropriate mitigation recommendations. Additionally, program support includes developing methodology and framework in support of cyber risk assessment life cycle. Our team will provide capabilities to support the customer with rapid design, development, test, deployment, maintenance and operation of specific software and hardware capabilities to meet current Cyber Defensive needs.The Role
As a Senior Database Architect on this program, you will use your expertise and experience in the following areas and activities to deliver solutions and services to our customer:
- DB Architect will focus on SQL Server Database performance optimization, tuning, and monitoring services to ensure optimal MS SQL Server performance, reliability and data integrity.
- Review and assess existing enterprise data-driven applications, to support new features, performance improvements, upgrades, and ongoing sustainment
- Analyze a large, complex system to determine performance bottlenecks, application bugs, and opportunities to improve efficiency
- Capture and analyze database activity to identify improvements in indexing, storage, maintenance processes, and query execution performance
- Plan and conduct database architecture assessments that examine DBMS and database configuration and performance
- Identify areas of instability and deviations from best practices with database components
- Participate in performance, load, and stress testing, and remediation of issues identified
- Participate in security architecture reviews of a large enterprise system
- Lead efforts to design and implement changes to data models for new and existing applications
- Participate in all aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment
- Participate in activities that ensure the successful use of these systems including: developing documentation, test scripts, and training materials as necessary
- You will have the opportunity to work and grow your expertise with a team of software engineering and cyber security experts working to tackle the cyber defense issues of the modern military with creative and innovative solutions.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our opportunity.. We look forward to talking with you about this position.Required Skills:
- Active Top Secret Clearance (Min Interim Top Secret)
- DoDI 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level II certification(s) required to work on government IT systems to include one of the following (or acquire within 60 days): CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, CompTIA Security+ CE, SSCP or higher level certification
- Must hold current (or acquire within 6 months) the appropriate operating system certification for information assurance technical positions as required by DoD 8570.01-M to include any of the following:
- MCSA: SQL 2012/2016 Business Intelligence Development
- MCSA: SQL 2012/2016 Database Administration
- MCSA: SQL 2012/2016 Database Development
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014
- MCSA: Machine Learning
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Platform (retired)
- Experience engineering SQL Server infrastructures on version 2008R2/2016/2017
- Proficiency with managing and administering SQL Server installations and databases including: developing maintenance plans, configuring server resources, monitoring performance, configuring instances and databases, and administering security
- Expert level skills engineering redundant and scalable SQL Server infrastructures using technologies including log shipping and Always On Availability Groups
- Proficiency utilizing the latest methods for monitoring performance using tools such as RedGate SQL Monitor for database tuning and query optimization
- Experience engineering enterprise scale applications that perform extract/transform/load (ETL) operations with external data sources and SQL Server
- Seven (7) years of experience in the above listed areas
- Experience with SQL Server 2017 Graph
- Bachelors Degree
Ifyou are interested in getting more information about this opportunity, please contact Irina Rozenbergirozenberg@arielpartners.com
at your earliest convenience.At Ariel Partners, we solve the most difficult problems that inhibit technology from enabling our customers to achieve their goals. Our vision is to be recognized by our stakeholders as an elite provider of IT solutions, so when they have their biggest challenges were on their short list. Were looking for team members who share our values of:Integrityto do the right thing even when it hurts;Commitmentto the long term success and happiness of our customers, our people, and our partners;Courageto take on difficult challenges, accept new ideas, and accept incremental failure; and the constant pursuit ofExcellence.Ariel Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.