Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Sr. Manager Quality Assurance - NJ
CPG Talent Management
Florence , NJ 08518
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Join the worlds largest growing F&B channel of organic food & beverage to lead as Sr. Manager QA/QC for the East Coast processing & distribution location.
This is a Global F&B publicly traded company with excellent benefits!
The Sr. Quality Control Manager is responsible for quality control for the fresh food & beverage produce processing and warehouse facilities, including the execution of the food safety and quality assurance standards, policies and procedures as assigned by Corporate Quality Assurance. The position is responsible for leading the execution of the food safety and quality control plan, delivering against assigned metrics for quality, cost and process controls, and identifying and escalating non-conformances and food safety concerns to corporate resources.This position has supervisory responsibility over quality control technicians, food safety plan coordinator and plant-assigned sanitation resources. The position reports directly to corporate quality assurance leadership and closely with plant and warehouse leadership. He/She will serve as part of the broad leadership team for quality assurance and food safety across the Fresh Foods network.
- Serve as the Quality Manager at the facility. Ensure that the plant and warehouse are compliant with all company standards, procedures as well as applicable local, state and federal regulations.Ensure the plant is has working plans to continuously improve its adherence to these requirements.
- Lead the implementation of the food safety plan. Develop, review and maintain work instructions for each preventive control required within the food safety plan, manage documentation and ensure accuracy of all necessary records. Serve on the HACCP committee for the site.
- Champion the education and training of personnel on all food safety practices and quality standards including GMPs, Food Defense, Sanitation, Allergen controls and Food Borne Illnesses.
- Lead data collection and analyses against required cost, productivity and compliance metrics. Respond to deficiencies in performance with comprehensive cross-functional action plans. Execute continuous improvement projects related to quality and/or food safety process controls.
- Manage change across the facility and assure all necessary processes, documents, verification and monitoring requirements are updated accordingly. Lead the review of new product development requests for trial runs and quality assessments.
- Identify, report and escalate all food safety and quality issues as per the RACI plan and escalation expectations.
- Execute internal audits on a quarterly basis. Support all regulatory or authoritative body inspections.
- Lead root cause analyses and corrective action and preventive action plans for all quality and customer complaint issues. Make proactive recommendations and offer solutions to the Quality Assurance department to improve quality and efficiencies.
- Maintain current knowledge of corporate standards, policies and expectations and applicable regulations. Actively monitor, document and work to improve quality issues within the facility.
- Directly supervise, train and evaluate assigned (up to 20) employees.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience managing Food Safety in a Manufacturing or food packaging environment.
- Strong working knowledge of US food manufacturing including Food GMPs, SOPs, HACCP, SQF, FSMA readiness and compliance, auditing and inspections as well as environmental guidelines.
- Bachelors Degree in food science, Microbiology or food process engineering is a plus.
- Auditing and product recall experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of NSF Standards and sanitary design requirements for food equipment.
- Experience interacting with the local Department of Health and other state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Works with precision.
- Strong ability to handle complexity and judgment in order to quickly problem solve and make judicious decisions regarding product quality and safety.
INTERNAL DEPENDENCIES AND CUSTOMERS:
- Position reports VP, Food Safety and Quality Assurance
- Production leadership
- Corporate QA and FS staff
- Sanitation Manager
- Production planning
- R&D for new products and technologies