Sr. Manager, Electrical Engineering - Development Engineering
Andover , MA 01810
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
TransMedics, Inc., headquartered in Andover, MA, is revolutionizing organ care. With the goal of bringing new life to organ transplant, the pioneering Organ Care System (OCS) was developed to address the major limitations of the current standard of care, cold storage. The OCS System serves as a portable, miniature intensive care unit that helps preserve donor organs in a near-physiologic state during transport. Unlike traditional cold-storage methods, the OCS System features ex-vivo, warm perfusion, and provides the means to monitor organ health, so that transplant patients can experience better outcomes. The only multi-organ platform, with the largest body of clinical evidence, the OCS System is designed to increase utilization and transplant volumes so that more transplantable organs can be made available worldwide. The Organ Care System is nothing less than a paradigm shift that can help transform organ preservation and optimization so that more patients can benefit from life-saving transplant procedures.
TransMedics is developing the Next Generation Organ Care System and is looking for an exceptional hands-on electrical engineering leader with a proven track record of delivering innovative solutions to the medical device market. This role is responsible for managing electrical engineers (internal and external) and leading all electrical design and testing efforts for both capital equipment and disposables. This manager shall ensure technical program execution and deliver products consistent with program needs while providing technical oversight and ensuring that best practices are followed. This role will require the ability to attract and retain a team of engineers and select external design firms responsible for the next generation OCS development. A strong technical background is required along with the ability to perform management duties including scheduling, scope assessment, tasking and status. The ideal candidate will be extremely creative, highly motivated and can work well without daily oversight.Responsible for overseeing the electrical engineering development for all next generation products, including:
Architect a new electrical platform for the next generation OCS capable of providing the processing horsepower required for the next 15 years.Design analog and digital electronic circuits including low noise analog circuits, A/D and D/A converters, microprocessors, motor controllers, battery management system, communications interfaces, linear and switched-mode power supplies.Perform design, debugging and board bring-up of analog and digital real-time embedded electronics for microprocessor-based control and communication hardwarePerform project activities, including DFMEA, design reviews, and create technical specificationsAttract, retain and develop electrical engineering staffCollaborate and communicate with cross-functional leadershipPlan the department structure and provide counsel, development, direction, training and motivation.Manage performance of the electrical engineering team to attain goals and objectives.Assist in planning the project and operating budgets for the department
- Organ Care System (Electro-Mechanical Capital Equipment)
- Organ Specific Perfusion Modules and Accessories (Disposables)
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in electrical R&D in the medical device space with a demonstrated track record of delivering products to market
- Expert knowledge of schematic, layout and simulation tools
- Subject matter expert in electrical design and layout techniques for medical devices required to comply with stringent emissions and immunity EMC requirements.
- Understand the printed circuit board fabrication process and have working knowledge of CE, RoHS and regulatory requirements for low voltage medical devices.
- Previously demonstrated leadership experience in a management level electrical engineering role with direct responsibility for managing both internal and external design teams.
- Strong knowledge of FDA QSR, CE Requirements, and V&V Testing for medical products
- Previous designs with highspeed layout requirements (DDR, USB, etc.) and low voltage analog front data acquisition is strongly desired
- Previous experience with Lithium-Ion batteries is strongly desired
- Strong communication skills are required
- Previous experience working on Class II or III medical device is desired
- revious experience developing electro-mechanical capital equipment is required EDUCATION:
- BS in Electrical Engineering required
- Advanced degree strongly preferred
BenefitsMedicalDentalVisionShort Term & Long Term DisabilityLife InsuranceFlexible Spending AccountsCompany HolidaysVacation401(k)