Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Sr. Manager Central Rail Operations
North Texas Lead
Dallas , TX 75201
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Manages the operation of the Central Rail and Northwest Rail operating divisions, for the Dallas Area Rapid Transit's Transportation Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads, manages, plans, schedules, trains and supervises activities of train operators, station office /yard supervisors and other administrative support personnel.
- Interviews, recommends selection of, develops, evaluates, counsels and if necessary recommends and terminates subordinate personnel in accordance with established policies, procedures and guidelines to include EEO/AA Program goals and objectives. Conducts daily review of operational performance and other division operation reports including safety, policy/rule & procedure violations and complaints to monitor efficiency and effectiveness of light rail service, yard and division operations; identifies and develops action plans to reverse undesirable trends and improve overall operating efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manages operation of division rail yards to include train movement, set-up and dispatch to assure service requirements are achieved. Coordinates and approves all maintenance and vehicle testing activities within yard limits. Assures station office/yard staff is properly trained and remains certified on yard traction power sectionalizing and vehicle troubleshooting.
- Develops and manages section budgets; Monitors expenditures, conducts trend analyzes, identifies undesirable trends and implements strategies to improve budget performance.
- Assures staff is adequately trained to perform primary job functions. Ensures the programming and scheduling of all training and developmental activities for section staff. Develops, implements, manages and supports employee recognition, communication, development and wellness programs and initiatives.
- Understands, executes and recommends changes to section, division, department and agency policies, programs, procedures and strategic initiatives; compiles a variety of reports; represents division and conducts presentations to internal and external groups;
- Monitors and analyzes department and division business processes. Evaluates trends, researches causation factors and recommends alternative methods to enhance the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the division. Oversees the implementation of business process changes;
- Chairs the Rules & Procedure Committee, actively participates in the Rail Safety Committee and supports initiatives to improve system safety; Manages Rail Start-up support efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note:An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Business Management or a related field.
- Eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in a transit or transportation operations environment or related field to include a minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience.
- Valid Texas Drivers License, no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)/Driving Under the Influence (DUI) convictions in the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI/DUI on driving record, and not more than three (3) convictions for moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) consecutive months in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from inception through completion
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ability to provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to direct reports; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Ability to settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Ability to blend people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; defines success in terms of the whole team.
- Ability to scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; measures performance against goals.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Ability to figure out the processes necessary to accomplish tasks; can facilitate effective brainstorming and build consensus among team members; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:Apply/View Full Description