Sr. Information Security Analyst
Glacier Bancorp, Inc.
Missoula , MT 59802
Posted 1 week ago
We are seeking an experienced security analyst to join our growing organization! The Senior Information Security Analyst position is tasked with designing, developing, administering and tuning security event monitoring and intrusion detection related systems while providing support for new analytic methods for detecting threats. The Senior Analyst will maintain knowledge on the latest intelligence and attack methodologies to take corrective actions during security incidents and is the second level escalation point for corrective action on security events from SIEM while tuning out false positives. Examines Big Data for patterns of malicious or unwanted activities in the enterprise. This position is the primary incident responder for security incidents however, when expert knowledge is required for Incident Response, escalates the Incident to Information Security Engineers. This position will also do other duties as assigned and reports to the
Information Security Manager.Location:
Employment is preferred in Helena or Missoula, Montana, however employment in Casa Grande, Arizona or Spokane, Washington will be considered.
Compensation: A bonus program and partial relocation package is offered with this role!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing, developing, administering and tuning security event monitoring and intrusion detection related systems including the development of correlation searches, dashboards and reports for Management and Regulatory bodies. Tunes systems if false positives are found. Develops performance metrics, trend statistical data and customized management reports for Audit, Regulatory Exams, Committee and Board reports. Consults with all departments within IT to determine how to onboard security monitoring in new technologies being introduced or upgraded in the enterprise.
- Take corrective action using the SANS stages of incident response (Preparation, Identification, Containment, Eradication, Recovery, Lessons Learned) as well as advises on remediation activities on security events escalated from Information Security Administrators and Analysts. Keeps management aware of incident status while performing deep-dive analysis by correlating data from various sources to determine if a critical system or data set has been impacted all while creates necessary Incidents, Major Incidents or Problems following the internal ITIL Processes. Communicates potential security exposures, misuse or noncompliance situations to the Information Security Manager or Information Security Officer.
- Leads postmortem Incident Response activities including lessons learned while advising on the implementation of revised or new security controls that may be needed from the Incident Response.
- Monitors and maintains knowledge on new security trends and technologies to better position detective and preventative controls to minimize risks associated with security breaches.
- Provides guidance and education to organization employees on the concepts and needs of a security conscience culture to achieve compliance according to regulatory requirements, bank policy and industry standard to promote high levels of security knowledge or awareness.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Must complete the assigned online training courses and achieve a passing score by due date.
- 6+ years experience working in Information Technology is required.
- 2+ years experience in Information Security Operations is required.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology (preferably in Information Assurance or Information Security) or combination of education and experience is required.
- Mid level (SANS GIAC or equivalent) certification is required. A high level (CISSP or equivalent) certification is preferred.
- Preferred 2 years experience with Big Data analytics platforms such as Splunk.
- Proficiency in Enterprise Windows Server and/or Linux/BSD/Unix administration, as well as, Enterprise network routing and switching.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO 27001, ITIL, COBIT, NIST and CSIS 20 Critical Security Controls.
- Expertise of operation security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, SIEM, and other security systems.
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Strong experience in network packet and vulnerability analysis while creating an action plan to resolve issues or incidents that are discovered.
- Ability to perform advanced system troubleshooting on various Information Technology and Information Security products.
- Able to translate security policies and procedures into actionable SIEM correlation searches, alerts, dashboards and reports.
- Knowledge of applicable practices and laws relating to data privacy and protection.
- Ability to present security topics to audiences of various degrees of technical and business backgrounds.
- Ability to create effective Security Awareness Training content.
- Familiarity with end user support, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to details.
- Strong instinct to react quickly to arising problems.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Strong organizational, customer service, communication and decision-making skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills and strong technical documentation skills.
- Ability to work with internal and external attest staff during audits, examinations and/or reviews.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and must use considerable tact, diplomacy, and judgment.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level.
Must be capable of up to 10% travel (e.g. 2 days/month) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities. Travel will be necessary to conduct the duties of this job, and the employee must have the ability to drive and have proper licensing.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.