Sr. Human Resources Manager
Huntington Beach , CA 92605
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Innocean USA is an award-winning, full-service creative advertising agency located in Huntington Beach, CA.
Working with the SVP, Executive Director of Human Resources, the Sr. HR Manager is responsible for the overall management of the day-to-day operations of the HR function at Innocean. This is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves position that requires a heavy bias for action. Key responsibilities include managing daily tasks of the HR team, employee relations, and employee engagement programs and support of leadership to drive talent strategy.
- Leadership: Collaborate with SVP to oversee and assist human resources team achieve company, departmental and individual goals
- People Development: Develop, implement, and continuously optimize a people development program which caters to individual department needs and overall employee satisfaction.
- Develop an understanding of the business
- Partner with senior leadership to drive positive impact
- Build and maintain collaborative, consultative working relationships with all staff at all levels
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance including career development, goal setting, performance
- With the HR team, participate and manage the employee life cycle including recruiting, on-boarding, training, retaining and off-boarding staff
- Assist with general questions around policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws
- Strong working knowledge of full-cycle recruiting and best practices for candidate experience.
- Benefits/Compensation: Annual evaluation of benefits and compensation to ensure employees and industry average needs and benchmarks are maximized.
- People engagement: Monitoring and developing strategies to improve employee satisfaction and engagement.
- People experiences: Design and implement a cross agency on-boarding program which caters to individual department needs. Serve as management sponsor of the Celebration Team to ensure our people have fun at work.
- Compliance: Ensure our Company policies are compliant with current law and that our people practices are best in class.
- 5+ years in the advertising industry - this is a requirement for this role.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in a people-oriented role, preferably with L&D or coaching familiarity within a creative environment.
- PHR or SPHR preferred (not required but a plus)
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and with little direction
- Ability to engage in healthy conflict
- Ability to think critically and perform root cause analyses
- Principle-centered and values-based leadership
- High levels of self-awareness, open mindedness and responsiveness
- Kind demeanor, courage, sense of humor
- Fun and fast-paced agency environment.
- Lots of individual autonomy & rewards for merit and creativity.
- Be part of a close-knit and exciting team & growing agency.
- Enjoy catered happy hour every Thursday and breakfast on Fridays.
- Full-time Barista on-site.
- Amazing views of the Pacific Ocean by the pier in HB.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision Premiums.
- Generous PTO.