Sr. Functional Specialist Advisor 2020-M-439
Springfield , VA 22150
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Join ICES on a contract impacting national security as a Sr. Functional Specialist Advisor.
These positions are located in Springfield, VA. All positions require an active/current TS/SCI securityclearance
and be willing and able to pass an additional polygraph
as needed.As Sr. Functional Specialist Advisor, specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Duties
- Develop business processes and plans required to collaborate and coordinate across NGA.
- Create and maintain an automated workflow tool to facilitate the contribution, exposure and discovery of knowledge and resources. Create and maintain capabilities to expose the automated tools dataset(s) to other integrating capabilities.
- Provide subject matter expertise to interpret and implement customer requirements.
- Maintain and track an Agile schedule in an appropriate project management capability (e.g. Redmine, JIRA, etc.)
- Incorporate GEOINT metadata standards, where applicable, to ensure applications adhere to, and support, proper guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure connectivity between application programming interfaces (APIs), both internal and external to TF capabilities.
- Incorporate and adhere to U.S. Web Design Standards for all applicable user interface or other design frameworks and standards specified by the government.
- Create and maintain user and administrative roles testing procedures and scripts for development and operational resources across all applicable domains.
- Provide testing results to the development team and work collaboratively on bug resolution.
- Maintain testing procedures, scripts and results for development and operational resources.
- Analyze, report and incorporate application test findings into pipeline backlog for necessary updates.
- Create and maintain system and web application configuration documentation for ongoing operations across all applicable domains.
- Distribute and maintain code bases across all applicable domains.
- Ensure storage for all code in a central repository to include versioning history and back-ups.
- Coordinate application testing across user base.
- Maintain system architecture and functionality consistency across all domains.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system functionality anomalies.
- Coordinate resolution of issues for external systems, capabilities, or toolsets with the responsible external entity.
- Assist application user-base with issues and troubleshooting/resolving system functionality anomalies.
- Manage and adjudicate application feedback.
- Create and maintain user guides and provide user training as required.
- Track and manage internal and external taskers.
- Draft and edit briefing materials for presentation to NSG, ASG, academia, and private sector.
- Prepare briefings, read-aheads and talking points for Future Experience staff, as required.
- Create graphics and materials for briefings, documentation and communications.
- Provide live demonstrations of capabilities and enhancements, as required.
- Maintain a network of support personnel within a DevOps environment and ensure currency of information.
- Maintain a network of resources across NGA.
- Minimum 11 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree or add 8 years additional equivalent experience within field
- Demonstrated experience with back-end architecture and/or front-end, user experience design.
- Demonstrated experience with a cloud-based or DevOps environment and/or open source capabilities (e.g. GITLab, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Jenkins, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience creating and/or maintaining configuration documentation for ongoing operation of resources.
- Minimum of 3 years experience demonstrating cross-business maintenance/sustainment operations activity (e.g. outages, updates change requests, documentation, Concept of Operations (CONOPs), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in complex NGA/IC System Architecture).
- Minimum of 3 years experience creating and maintaining user guides, training, and/or other user-based documentation.
- Minimum of 3 years experience preparing briefing materials and facilitating live capability demonstrations for presentation to senior leadership, NSG, ASG, academia or private sector.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. Redmine, JIRA, etc.).
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating code testing tools to identify vulnerabilities and security flaws (e.g. HP Fortify, etc.).
- Minimum of 1 year experience researching, understanding and/or implementing General Services Administration (GSA) 18F/U.S. Web Design Standards Framework.