Sr. Fpga/Digital Design Engineer
Tyvak, A Terran Orbital Corporation
Irvine , CA 92618
Posted 3 weeks ago
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems is seeking an experienced Senior FPGA Design Engineer at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As a FPGA Design Engineer, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to develop innovative spacecraft solutions for internal and external customers.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work closely with electrical, software, and systems engineers in all phases of the project including requirements definition, prototyping, qualification, and production
- Derive requirements from high level Con-Ops including device selection, interface definition, and carry out trade studies. Requirements verification in simulation and hardware.
- Take an FPGA design from concept to prototype and final production grade design
- Adapting existing FPGA designs to new program requirements.
- Cooperative debug, test and requirement verification activities.
- Creation of technical documents including block diagrams, architecture diagrams, design descriptions, test plans, and technical presentations
- Contribute towards continuous technology and process improvement.
- 8+ years of professional experience in FPGA and digital circuit design.
- Must have hands-on ownership of designing FPGA based solutions, ranging from deriving requirements, architecture, implementing new designs, integrating commercial IP blocks to circuit design
- Familiarity with Xilinx Vivado Design Suite is a must
- Familiarity with both VHDL and Verilog
- Working knowledge of embedded software/firmware in C/C++
- Ability to carry out hands-on testing of custom FPGA boards with Vivado Hardware Debugger as well as O-scopes and spectrum analyzers
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with standard interface protocols such as SPI, UART, and GigE
- Experience with high speed interfaces such as PCIE, Aurora, and JESD204
- Experience with high reliability design techniques in FPGAs
- Familiarity with Altium schematic capture and layout tools
- Familiarity with CM tools such as SVN or GIT is desirable
- Understanding of software defined radio and DSP algorithms is a plus
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
Tyvak Nano Satellite Systems is a leading worldwide provider of nano- and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions. Nanosatellites are a disruptor in the space technology realm and provide increased capabilities at a fraction of the cost of larger satellites. Being a part of the team at Tyvak means you will be able to see the impact of your work, partner alongside other smart engineers from a number of disciplines, and take pride in the satellites we watch.
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.