Experience in verification of Storage, RAID, Flash, and various File Systems, utilizing 3rd party tools is highly desired.
Experience working with various flavors of Linux OS, Windows Server OS and Virtualization (Vmware vSphere/ESXi, Hyper-V), is required.
Experience in the use of scripting languages (Python and Shell Scripting).
Familiar with team collaboration tools (Confluence), and test & defect management tools (JIRA, qTest).
Education Requirements: MS in Computer Science/Engineering (or similar field); with 5 years of experience in hardware/software product verification; OR BS in Computer Science/Engineering (or similar field); with 8 years of work experience in hardware/software product verification.
VIEW JOBS10/7/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-01-05T00:00<ul> <li>Develop well-tested, efficient, and maintainable embedded C code.</li> <li>Author and maintain automated tests for embedded C modules.</li> <li>Develop applications using ZigBee/Mesh, Bluetooth, proprietary or Wi-Fi protocols.</li> <li>Work with hardware engineers to design, test and troubleshoot prototype designs</li> </ul><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><ul> <li>Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.</li> <li>Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Embedded Firmware engineering.</li> <li>Solid programming experience in C/C++, Assembly and Linux kernel and drivers.</li> <li>Experience with 32 bit ARM microcontrollers and in-circuit debugging.</li> <li>Strong knowledge of various networking and hardware communication protocols such as SPI, UART, I2C, JTAG</li> <li>Hardware prototyping and debugging experience with use of debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and serial protocol analyzers.</li> <li>Scripting languages such as Bash, Python, etc.</li> <li>Software code management tools such as GIT, Mercurial, etc.</li> <li>DFx (Design for cost, test, manufacturing) experience </li> <li>Some high-scale production experience, working with cross-functional teams responsible for mass-producing hardware units.</li> <li>Familiar with Agile/Scrum development methodology</li> <li>Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.</li> <li>Excellent technical documentation, writing, and verbal communication skills.</li> <li>Process-oriented and creative problem solver.</li> <li>Excellent English speaking and writing skills. Mandarin is a plus.</li> <li>International and domestic travel as necessary.</li> </ul> <p><strong>Preferred skills ( or what you’ll learn on the job )</strong></p> <ul> <li>Wireless protocol experience at the stack and application layer</li> <li>Analog hardware design and understanding of RF and antenna basics</li> <li>Experience interfacing embedded devices with cloud (AWS) environments</li> <li>Experience working with embedded Linux and FreeRTOS systems.</li> <li>Experience with Home Automation product development </li> <li>Automated testing experience with embedded C firmware.</li> <li>Experience working with third party developers</li> </ul>WAC LightingSan JoseCA
VIEW JOBS9/27/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-12-26T00:00The preferred location for this position is in San Jose, CA. We will also consider having this our our Combat Vehicle sites in Minneapolis, MN; Sterling Heights, MI; or York, PA.
At BAE Systems Combat Vehicles, we design, develop, produce, support, maintain, modernize and upgrade armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, and artillery systems for the United States military and international customers. Major platforms include the Mobile Protected Firepower, M109A6/A7 Self-Propelled Howitzer, Armored Multi-Purpose Vehicle, M88A2/A3 HERCULES Recovery Vehicle, Amphibious Combat Vehicle, and Bradley Fighting Vehicle. These combat vehicle systems include sophisticated electrical and electronic components that must adhere to strict performance, environmental, and reliability requirements to ensure the highest quality combat systems are delivered to our customers.
The Design Qualification Test Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the vehicle electronic components are successfully evaluated and manufactured using appropriate screening and test methods. The Engineer, either independently or in conjunction with original equipment manufacturers and testing organizations, will:
* Define environmental stress sequences, durations, and levels of equipment life cycles;
* Develop analysis and test criteria tailored to the equipment and its environmental life cycle;
* Valuate equipment's performance when exposed to a life cycle of environmental stresses;
* Identify deficiencies, shortcomings, and defects in equipment design, materials, manufacturing processes, packaging techniques, and maintenance methods; and
* Demonstrate compliance with contractual requirements.
Other responsibilities include:
* Derive manufacturing Environmental Stress Screen (ESS) profiles and processes using Highly Accelerated Life Test (HALT) techniques internally and at Supplier locations;
* Ensure complex electronic hardware is successfully evaluated using Highly Accelerated Life Test (HALT) design techniques and continually meets production ESS requirements;
* Review supplier HALT/ESS (Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports), test facilities, equipment and process for compliance with the requirements;
* Work directly with the integrated product team (IPT), suppliers, subcontractors and BAE Systems' Customer in scheduling and program management;
* Participate in component design reviews to improve the designs and provide lessons learned from previous testing failures;
* Present to the customer during Test Readiness Reviews and on status of test activities
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
BAE SystemsSan JoseCA
VIEW JOBS9/27/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-12-26T00:00Req. ID: 144285
Micron Technology's vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
As a Principal Firmware Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will develop high-performance controller firmware for innovative volatile and non-volatile memory systems. In this position, you will assist in evaluating, designing, building, bench testing, debugging, and failure analyzing firmware for new high-performance memory controllers and Solid State Drives that will increase performance, while reducing power, latency and SoC (System on Chip) complexity for the target sectors. You can expect to work closely with firmware engineers, firmware test engineers, ASIC design engineers, system test engineers, system failure analysis engineers, product engineers, firmware tools developers to solve cross-functional product development issues.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Participate as a team member and work effectively to develop SSD Front End firmware.
* Demonstrate proficiency in coding skills, failure analysis, and the use of tools that support these activities.
* Validate customer requirements and perform failure analysis on FW related issues.
* Develop structured source code targeting the embedded environment associated with state of the art memory.
* Perform design verification using a variety of verification methods, including simulation and product testing.
* Focus on firmware quality in the system and the target application.
* Participate in SCRUM/Agile processes and distributed code reviews.
* Develop new test tools and methods.
* Follow specific processes/procedures/work flows.
* Demonstrate the effective analysis of functional or performance issues with the firmware and hardware in test environments or target host systems.
* Technical communications will be required between other teams and the firmware team (both verbal and written).
* You will review, contribute to, and create clear documentation for deliverables that must meet both internal specifications/standards and SSD industry standards and specifications.
* 12+ Years of experience with storage Firmware development and debug using protocol analyzer.
* 12+ Years of Knowledge or working experience with Nand flash.
* Strong working knowledge of firmware development, verification, system failure analysis, embedded systems design and real time embedded systems.
* Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems.
* Strong working knowledge of software engineering principles and designing and developing firmware using assembly and C/C++ programming.
* Strong debugging skills in an embedded firmware application including:
* Using development tools and IDE's such as Slick Edit, SourcePoint and Realview.
* Problem re-creation and trapping
* Logging and diagnostics
* Experience with digital hardware design and test equipment such as In-Circuit Emulators (ICE) and logic/bus analyzers
* Strong working knowledge analyzing complex firmware and hardware issues.
* Strong knowledge working identifying and optimizing performance of critical algorithms.
* Working knowledge of ARM/ARC Microprocessors, with experience on ARC or ARM Cortex.
* Knowledge of the Agile software development process life cycle.
* Strong knowledge of structured firmware development process and life cycle.
* Strong skills in communicating complex technical ideas/concepts.
* Education: BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Strong interpersonal skills and maintain positive relationships
* Ambitious, goal-oriented, and a dedicated colleague
* Collaborate effectively in a dynamic team environment
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry's broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today's major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran's status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron's Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: San Jose || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || SSD Engineering || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-DG1 ||
Micron Technology, Inc.San JoseCA