Sr. Editor, Digital Content Management (Amazon)
Seattle , WA 98104
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
In this role, youll collaborate with writers of all abilities to transform marketing and technical content into clear, compelling digital stories that reflect the Amazon brand. Youll track and nurture multiple editorial projects through to completion, engaging with stakeholders, localization and translation experts, and production teams.
This role is great for a seasoned editor and grammar enthusiast, who is intimate with The Chicago Manual of Style and can artfully apply an approachable yet professional tone. In addition, the right candidate has stellar organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to balance multiple stakeholder needs while meeting deadlines.
A little about us
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) helps third-party sellers worldwide grow their online business by using Amazon's world-class fulfillment network and expertise, acclaimed customer service, and Prime and FREE Shipping options. With FBA, sellers store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and Amazon picks, packs, ships, and provides customer service for these products.
Youll be part of an energetic and supportive editorial team of professionals who are excited to meet you. This position begins immediately and will be located primarily on site at Amazon in the South Lake Union area.
More about what youll do
- Review and edit marketing content such as web pages, emails, headlines, and announcements as well as technical content including help pages and user-interface text.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders with varying levels of writing expertise.
- As a passionate audience advocate, ensure that content is accurate, clear, useful, and engaging.
- As a brand steward, ensure voice, style, and messaging reflects core editorial and legal guidelines.
- Adhere to defined content management best practices and collaborate across multiple teams and disciplines to shepherd complex projects with staggered timelines through the full production lifecycle.
- Oversee the translation and localization of content across multiple languages and marketplaces.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field
- At least seven of years demonstrated excellence in marketing and technical content management
- Relentlessly high standards and an eagle-eye for detail
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the proven ability to research data independently and use findings to drive strategic decision making
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, comfortable with frequent cross-functional and senior management contact and able to exert indirect authority to deliver results
- Quick to learn and apply standard brand and editorial guidelines as well as the attributes of the various products and audience profiles
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a drive to streamline existing processes and establish new best practices
- Highly adaptive and comfortable learning and using a varied set of tools, such as SharePoint and Jira
- Experience with HTML editors and Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) or related content management tools a plus
- Experience in a multi-language publishing environment, including globalization for translation, terminology databases and management, and other world-ready approaches
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k plan with employer matching
- 10 PTO days; 6 paid holidays
- Metro bus pass