Sr Director Nursing Surgical Services
Rutland Regional Medical Center
Rutland , VT 05701
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- Responsible and accountable to manage, monitor and develop the operations of multiple surgical and or hospital departments. Areas of responsibility include but may not be limited to operating room, ambulatory care unit, post anesthesia care unit, and sterile processing. Has fiscal responsibility to manage budgets and lead in multi-departmental financial decision making. Communicates regularly with stakeholders regarding operations and finances. Ensures state, federal and regulatory requirements are identified, monitored and met. Responsible for planning and implementation of strategic growth and improvement opportunities. Manges effectively with Medical Directors and other departments leaders through the effective use of practice leadership. Utilizes effective strategies in identifying, developing, and evaluating work processes, resource consumption and outcomes. The Sr. Director plays a major role in the development of personnel, compliance with regulatory and professional standards, and fosters collaborative relationships with the clinical and practice managers, providers and with community-based healthcare partners.
- Masters of Science Nursing (MSN).
Minimum Work Experience
- 5 Years' nursing experience
- 3 Years' of nursing leadership experience (Surgical Services leadership preferred.)
- Licensed in the State of Vermont (RN).
- ANCC NE-BC Certification*
- or obtained within 2 years
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
Knowledge of human relations, group dynamics, change management and quality improvement techniques.
Knowledge of management techniques, methods, theories, and principles.
Knowledge of legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements
Strong leadership skills.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent diplomacy, problem-solving, conflict management, team building, and collaboration skills.
Excellent organizational and time management and self-motivation skills.
Strong Microsoft Windows desktop application and navigation skills.