Sr. Director, Business Development - Life Science
Framingham , MA 01702
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Senior Director, Business Development reports to the CTO, at SCIEX. The Senior Director of Business Development will be responsible for leading a Business Development team to the 3 year SCIEX target of 30% of the R&D funnel being sponsored or provided by Open Innovation. The Sr Director of Business Development will be responsible for advancing the process and practice of Open Innovation at SCIEX, and in collaboration with other senior leaders, offer our customers the best total solutions portfolio available in our chosen market segments.
- Responsible for the strategic intent and direction of SCIEX's Innovation Engine
- Manages the SCIEX Open Innovation Strategy
- With the CTO manages the acquisition funnel including the identification, evaluation and development of acquisition candidates to expand the portfolio;
- Cultivates potential targets, meeting with all levels of target companies;
- Provides significant contributions to acquisition projects including strategic rationale, due diligence, business case and term sheet development
- Coordinates cross-functional due diligence efforts and applies understanding of technical, legal, financial and market dynamics which have bearing on final agreements;
- Drives and identifies synergies across SCIEX and across the life sciences platform identifies potential markets and emerging markets and develops new verticals;
- Participates in the formation of strategic plans;
- Monitors the scientific and related industry trends, and work with the rest of the executive team to identify new opportunities and enhance business ventures;
- Leads the day to day operation of SCIEX's Innovation funnel
- Ensures compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements;
- Acts as the liaison between the CTO and external associations and industry forums
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page
Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Certain personal attributes and requisite prior experiences will be necessary components of the successful candidate's background for the role:
- Significant experience in the instrumentation, medical device, healthcare or life science research industry and understanding of the market dynamics and competitive landscape;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including a metrics driven approach to decision making
- Ability to analyze complicated issues and synthesize to the salient points, develop resulting action plans and execute to conclusion
- Proven track record of strategic thinking, solid business acumen and execution for results
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and successfully influence senior level management, executives, key clients, and stakeholders at all levels;
- Completer Finisher mentality, creative and intellectually curious with a strong work ethic
- Acquisition experience in the analytical instrumentation and associated software industry is a plus.
- Familiar with assertive delivery in a fast growing environment
The successful candidate will possess as a minimum an analytical sciences undergraduate degree with an MBA or equivalent business experience.
Framingham, MA, USA or Concord, Canada