Education and Experience required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
Bachelor degree or equivalent (Commerce and/or Business Studies preferred) with a minimum of 5-7 years of selling experience
10 or more years of progressive leadership experience in a multiple business branch/unit environment Experience managing a budget
Proven leadership in successfully driving accelerated revenue growth
Developed, implemented and delivered "excellent customer service" team culture
Successful in realizing business results against objectives: sales management, customer & operations, and administration.
Advanced knowledge of sales theory/skills is required.
The Sr. Director, Training, Development & Recognition is responsible for developing and implementing the Consultative Selling Skills (CSS) sales process to increase productivity of all Sales Leaders.
In addition, they will focus on improving sales management skills, talent development through Captains Club, Achievers Club, President's club and other training and recognition programs.
The role will also be focused on improving the quality of sales skills for both the Account Manager and Major Account Manager positions with role specific training.
The Sr. Director, Training, Development & Recognition will be tasked with leading, organizing and executing the CSS skills training in conjunction with the RVPs of Sales, Regional Sales Directors, and Sales Leaders to achieve all defined goals in the areas of new business generation, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
The Director of Sales Training and Development directly oversees the development of training materials, delivers training, and collaborates and partners with SVP of Sales, VP Sales, and all Sales Leaders to identify additional training needs and opportunities for all sales positions.
Key Position Activities: List the ongoing day-to-day essential job responsibilities in priority order. 1) Creates, identifies and executes on strategic training initiatives to improve the overall performance of the com-mercial field sales group. Ensures alignment with the operations organization.
2) Develops and implements new training programs and processes to enhance the sales acumen of the organization.
3) Create strategic partnerships with all levels of the organization, specifically with the RVPs of Sales and RSDs.
4) Continually seeks input from our customers to ensure that their feedback is reflected in our sales strategies and services.
5) Creates, implements and manages recognition programs for all sales teams and sales leaders.
6) Ensures all team members receive the necessary training for successful implementation of the stated business strategies.
Training and Development: