Sr. Devops Engineer
Vynyl - High-Fidelity Software & Design
Los Angeles , CA 90001
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
VYNYL delivers high-fidelity software, design, and product solutions for clients across a wide spectrum of industries and needs. Recent projects include applications that: power the #1 snow sports app, enable early diagnosis of debilitating medical conditions with unprecedented accuracy, safely transport special needs schoolchildren, keep skiers safe from avalanches, perform sophisticated geo-spatial and demographic data analysis to make important decisions about capital projects, and change the face of the sharing economy.
We are laser-focused on our clients' success while striving to perform our work in a sustainable way that makes time for professional development.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you'll be working with a group of project managers, producers, designers, QA analysts, and other engineers to build great software and sustainable infrastructure on behalf of our clients. You'll be responsible for contributing to the overall technical leadership within your team and the firm as a whole. As a Software Developer, you would join our team of professionals at our Boise, Idaho office location. We are also open to remote employee options if you live in another area of Idaho.
You should join the VYNYL team if you are:
- A great communicator and collaborator
- Quality focused
- Comfortable with change, as each project presents new challenges and opportunities
- Achievement oriented
- 4+ years experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Ability to travel to client locations when needed. Up to 25% regionally
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure
- Desire to become AWS Certified or continue certification pathway
- Amazon AWS Certified DevOps Engineer- Professional Certification
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, etc
- Experience with application containerization and orchestration frameworks, i.e., Docker, AWS ECS, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with relational database technologies- Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, Aurora
- Management of continuous code integration services and tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, and AWS Code Tools
- Experience with automated testing tools like Selenium and JMeter
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture and REST APIs
- Experience building enterprise security strategies for cloud adoption
- Experience leading or working on certification or accreditation of cloud workload(s) to meet industry or regulatory standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
This is a remote/contract position