Sr. Database Engineer
Dallas , TX 75201
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
The Database Engineering team of HedgeServ Corporation is seeking a mid to senior level SQL Server Administrator/Data Architect working in an AWS cloud environment. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of data modeling best practices in Data Warehousing vs OLTP and an understanding of SQL server to Snowflake ETL process.
- Hands on administration and support of Database Clusters on-prem and cloud environments.
- Supporting all facets of data services in the hybrid environment encompassing AWS pipelines of SQL Server HA Always On clusters using Terraform and Ansible while collaborating with support, it engineering, and development teams.
- Support and develop new and existing Data Warehouse and OLTP design with dev teams. Working knowledge of ERWIN data model tool.
- Performance and tuning of SQL queries.
- Supporting Snowflake and MongoDB cloud environments.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum of 6 years database administration & architecture experience working in fast-paced environments (preferably in fintech, but not required).
- Expertise with Microsoft SQL Server Always-ON and standalone installations and administrations versions 2012 2019.
- Expertise with ERWIN data modeling tool on new and existing logical and physical data models.
- Expertise with ETL data transformation.
- Basic understanding of AWS Cloud environment.
- Basic understanding of Snowflake Data Warehouse setup and administration.
- Expertise troubleshooting performance and tuning of the SQL environment and the SQL queries.
- Proactive monitoring of SQL Servers. Blocking, deadlocks, multithreading, long running queries.
- Experience with AWS Cloud technologies.
- Proficient in scripting languages, such as SQL and PowerShell.
- Knowledge of Terraform and Ansible is a big plus.
- Understanding connections from Kubernetes EKS clusters is big plus.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Automation Tools PowerShell / Ansible / Terraform, Snowflake, MongoDB, Data Warehouse, and Data Modeling