Sr. Data Architect Consultant
Houston , TX 77002
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a Data Architect Consultant to lead our data team and work across different domains and solution offerings to help break down large problems and develop innovative approaches and solutions. You will interpret reports to provide data-driven strategic insights, trends, and perspective to drive transformation for our clients. We are in search of an individual that can move quickly alongside aggressive and fast-paced data program implementations.
- Develop overall data strategy with full governance and master data
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management
- Design and provide support to all data management methodologies according to required standards
- Manage and monitor all frameworks to manage data across organization
- Measure overall BI maturity and strategy
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Define security and backup procedures
- Administer mapping of all data sources and movement and analyze it to ensure appropriate quality of all data.
- Design and develop data integration paths and scenarios
- Manage Data Analytics and BI implementation
- Manage off-shore resources for Azure BI development
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Network with business resources to uncover pain points and requirements
- Implement a data architecture for an evolving enterprise landscape with significantly changing data work streams
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information
- Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Identify data redundancies and resolve single source and data governance
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
- Coordinating with other team members to identify and reach project milestones and deadlines for future needs and requirements
- Coordinate with clients, data users and key stakeholders and develop and achieve various long term objectives for data architecture
- Design short term resolutions to achieve all goals and prepare data roadmap for management.
- Determine procedure to identify and collect all required data, validate process and recommend improvements to corporate data
- Provide training to manage various data and ensure enhancement in staff working.
- Develop key metrics for tests on data and ensure integrity of same on data architecture.
- Prepare documents for data architecture and maintain knowledge on large data structures as well.
- Collaborate with new and existing external vendors and provide support to all objectives and assist to create various data architecture.
- Analyze information flow and recommend appropriate technology to provide support to all business processes.
- Understand company needs to define system specifications
- Plan and design the structure of a technology solution
- Communicate system requirements to software development teams
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
- Oversee assigned programs (e.g. conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
- Proven experience as Data Program Manager, Data Architect, Data Solutions Architect or similar role
- Hands-on experience with project management, software development, and system administration
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles, and modern database and information system technologies
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Experience in Azure cloud technologies: Synapse Analytics, Data Warehouse, Data Factory, Purview
- Experience in Power BI data visualization
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform
- Experience in Coupa BSM
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Understanding of strategic IT solutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources