Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Sr. Data Analyst - Health Plan / Healthcare Centers
San Leandro , CA 94577
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
An incredible non-profit Medical Group / Health Plan is looking for a dynamic, experienced Sr. Data Analyst to join their team of fantastic and humble individuals.
You will be working for a team that has incredibly skilled and adept leadership and most importantly a strategic vision to enable the organization to continue being an industry leader for the next decade. If you've ever thought about continuing your healthcare career with an fantastic and compassionate organization that thrives on a patient-first model, this is the role for you.
Comprised of eight federally qualified community health centers in Alameda County, the organization functions as the managed care MSO for all health centers. With a strong mission of providing the best possible care to the community, the team is seeking for an individual who is personable and admires a driven team that is passionate about working within a non-profit setting (a verrry cohesive group to work with).
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing medical utilization, clinic outcomes, and financial data. This individual will be gathering reports using epidemiological, statistical, and actuarial methods with the ultimate goal of providing data to improve the quality of care and operational efficiency, and to facilitate financial decision making.
- Ability to work healthcare data (e.g. member, medical claim, pharmacy claim, provider, EHR) and validates data to ensure quality.
- Contributes to design efficient analytics database / data mart which will provide a comprehensive and efficient foundation for analytics team.
- Provides analytics support to help the leadership team to make strategic decisions.
- Performs statistical analyses for program design and evaluation.
- Applies appropriate statistical theories and methods to solve practical problems such as care gap identification, quality improvement, utilization and cost reduction, etc.
- Builds and maintains complex predictive statistical models; conducts risk adjustment analyses.
- Creates clear and insightful visualization to transform data into meaningful information.
- Be responsible for automating clinical, medical utilization, financial, membership, and program evaluation reports independently with strong attention to detail.
- Generates and presents summary reports and drill-down reports that will assist clinic staff to identify areas to improve and improve patient care.
- Assists project officers in writing method and result sections of project reports.
- Provides technical support for junior data analysts and conducts peer reviews of peers’ work.
- Documents analysis processes/logic, creates department's documentation and correspondence for department continuity and cross training.
- Working experience of data manipulation and analysis using healthcare data (claim, EHR, disease registry etc.).
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques: predictively analytics, risk adjustment.
- Advanced skills of Standard Query Language (SQL), Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau.
- 4+ experience of applying epidemiologic and biostatistics skills to clinical settings
- 2+ experience of quality improvement work in medical practices
- Experience in gathering/collecting health data for health research studies
Final salary is per employer discretion and commensurate with experience.