Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Sr. Controls Engineer (Hardware Systems)
Phoenix , AZ 85225
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Join a company that is a leader in manufacturing innovative, high-tech, automated equipment. After 30+ years in business they continue to grow and haveprovided and support their equipment in 12 countries worldwide.
Industries served include:Automotive Safety Devices, Semiconductor, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Mining,Food & Beverage, Solar,Commercial & Retail Products.Core competencies include advanced high speed motion controls, precision component placement, precision custom metrology systems, machine vision and robot & laser integration.Reasons to work for this company
- Innovative Manufacturer of high-tech custom automated machinery with customers around the world in many industries
- Employs 60 people with plenty of opportunities for career growth
- Low travel
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Benefits package and a 401K Match
- Located in a convenient Phoenix suburb
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Design control systems for a variety of assembly, test and facility applications including, lean equipment, large scale assembly and processing lines, specialized test equipment, and facilities control panels. These systems may contain, but are not limited to, PLCs, IPCs, industrial Ethernet networks, distributed I/O, drives, motors, sensors, industrial user interfaces, power management, surge suppression and interfacing with electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic system components.
- Participate in equipment conceptual development and carefully balance system specifications, process requirements, layout complexity, cost, and lead-time limits.
- Provide specific block diagrams and other graphic specifications to define all critical elements of the control system architecture. Be able to defend the system concept and component selection to client SMEs.
- Implement ISO 13849-1 and EN 62061 compliant control safety systems for safeguarding robots, gantries, conveyors, and other high-volume manufacturing equipment.
- Analyze and specify complex electrical and electromechanical components such as servos and robots. Provide Specification Control Drawings to establish specific requirement for suppliers.
- Interface with the mechanical engineering team; attend design reviews, provide feedback on control interfaces, make estimates of the timing and performance.
- Collaborate with the control systems software development group to ensure software meets design requirements for the proposed control system architecture.
- Using AutoCAD prepare detailed control system wiring diagrams, electrical schematics, pneumatics schematics, enclosure/back panel drawings, and parts lists. Participate in peer reviews of the system to ensure compliance with AeroSpec common practices.
- Collaborate with the companys purchasing and operation staff to ensure the correct parts are ordered and received. Provide guidance and oversight when needed during panel fabrication and integration.
- Prepare the control system equipment for the Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and perform system testing in accordance with the FAT protocols.
- Provide mentoring for junior controls engineers and integration technicians on various aspects of control system design and development.
Desirable Additional Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of professional level hands-on experience specifying, designing, installing, testing, optimizing and commissioning complex industrial type automation and control systems for process control, industrial automation, themed entertainment or highly related experience.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or other engineering degree augmented with relevant experience.
- Broad experience working with electrical and automation components from manufacturers such as Rockwell Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Phoenix Contact, Cognex, Square D, Festo, SMC, Wiedmueller, Wago, Hoffman, etc.
- Experience with common field devices commonly used in automation such as robots, laser systems, machine vision systems, indexers, pick and places, etc.
- Expert proficiency at integrating PLCs, IPCs, and HMIs into control systems.
- Extensive background with motion control using industrial drives, servomotors, stepper motors, linear motors, etc.
- Highly experienced with networking industrial automation systems and subsystems.
- Working knowledge of industry standards (UL508A, NFPA79, IEC, NEC).
- Expert proficiency using AutoCAD for electrical applications as well as control system mechanical components and fabricated parts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley software for PLC and servo control.
- Understanding of machine vision functionality including programming software.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks Electrical.
- Background in Project Management of Control Panels and Systems. This includes, proposals, accountability for schedules and budgets, client interface and management, reports, etc.
- Experience in Agile Project Management such a Scrum Master, SME, Project Owner, etc