Sr. Consultant/Manager - Project Manager (Api Management)
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 4 weeks ago
About Fresh Gravity:
Founded in 2015 and rapidly expanding, Fresh Gravity (www.freshgravity.com) is an exciting business and technology consulting company that is at the cutting edge of digital transformation. We drive digital success for our clients by enabling them to adopt transformative technologies. We provide a range of services: from Data Management, Data Science & Analytics, to API Management/Integration and Artificial Intelligence.
In a short time, we have crafted an exceptional team who have delivered impactful projects for some of the largest corporations in the world. We are on a mission to solve the most complex business problems for our clients using the most exciting new technologies. And we are looking for top talent to join us in our quest.
Fresh Gravitys team members are authorities in their field, but know how to have fun, too. Were building an inspiring, open organization youll take pride in. We challenge ourselves to grow every day. We create value for our clients and partners every day. We promise rich opportunities for you to succeed, to shine, to exceed even your own expectations.
We are thoughtful. We are engaged. We are relentless. We are Fresh Gravity.
Fresh Gravity is an equal opportunity employer.
About this position:
Our Client Success capability is seeking a strong techno-functional analyst / project manager, who will be responsible for driving successful project outcomes for Fresh Gravitys clients. An area of focus at this time is API project related work, but the candidate should be confident of engaging on and managing different types of data management, data science and artificial intelligence projects also. Strong business analysis and project management skills along with technical experience in one or more of the above areas are keys to success in this position.
- Lead the full delivery lifecycle of strategy and implementation projects for our clients using agile and hybrid project management approaches
- Plan, lead and manage requirements definition and solution design working sessions in addition to documenting functional use cases and architectures, business requirements, and high level business solution approaches
- Communicate business requirements to architects and developers to conduct feasibility assessments and identify optimal approaches to technically achieve the business requirements
- Head API strategy / roadmap initiatives while aligning the strategy to the business objectives, including helping establish organization constructs, development methodologies and selection of technology components (e.g, API gateways, devops tools, code repository tools, etc.)
- Verify the development artifacts/software are built to specification through various levels of testing
- Own the delivery of demos to our clients of working software built to specification and soliciting feedback to ensure satisfaction of business requirements
- Manage the development lifecycle using a combination of agile and waterfall delivery models including activities such as backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, test cycle definition and planning, migration and cutover planning.
- Provide weekly status on project activities, deliverables, scope, schedule, budget, and risks/issues
- Assist in responding to RFPs by participating in planning, scoping, solution definition and estimation
- Manage partner vendor relationships and activities to ensure alignment of schedule, scope, and responsibilities
- Must be a US Citizen
- 5 to 7 years of project management experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a business context (technology consulting, systems integration, management consulting, working as an analyst in industry, etc.)
- Experience in API management and system integration - Experience with Apigee is a bonus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a keen commitment to client success and ability to work very closely with architects and product managers
- Ability to communicate at various levels within business organizations
- Experience n business process and IT delivery process re-engineering
- Experience in leading workshops / interviews with clients and gathering business requirements
- Very strong with tools such as Visio, MS Project, MS Excel and Power Point
- Based in the DC/Virginia/Maryland area. Might require occasional travel if client projects are outside of the area
- 2 to 5 years of experience managing teams, clients, and vendors in API strategy and implementation projects
- Conversant with "API First" mindset
- Working knowledge in API design and implementation as well as system integration using APIs
- Working knowledge of various aspects of API management including orchestration and policy management, security management, traffic shaping, developer activity management, etc.
- Familiarity with tools such as Apigee, Microsoft Azure, Mashery, etc.
In addition to a competitive package, we promise rich opportunities for you to succeed, to shine, to exceed even your own expectations. In keeping with Fresh Gravitys challenger ethos, we have developed the 5Dimensions (5D) benefits program. This program recognizes the multiple dimensions within each of us and seek to provide opportunities for deep development across these dimensions. Enrich Myself; Enhance My Client; Build My Company, Nurture My Family; and Better Humanity.