This Senior position is responsible for the establishing and maintaing key referral relationships with the primary account - University of Vermont Medical center to build awareness of Genesis HealthCare and its services.
Match service locations' capabilities to patient needs and facilitate patient flow from Acute Care providers into Genesis HealthCare to meet or exceed census and Q mix goals.
Make patient acceptance and placement decisions on behalf of Genesis and communicate decisions to referral sources based on published performance standards.
In addition to the daily responsibilities of the Clinical Admissions Director role, this position serves in a leadership capacity for the Area to train, guide and direct other Clinical Admissions Directors on the team.
1.Promote Genesis HealthCare, both internally and externally, within assigned hospitals. Serve as a sales resource and initiate referral relationships where possible.
2.Present Genesis HealthCare philosophy and service capabilities to all appropriate individuals with whom he/she interacts.
3.Manage sales activities based on an updated quarterly sales plan with quantifiable goals.
4.Serving as liaison between Genesis HealthCare and hospital personnel, maintain a set visitation schedule to assigned hospitals.
5.Aggressively seek out potential clients and facilitate referrals into Genesis HealthCare service locations
6.Complete pre-admission assessment accurately either personally or telephonically to gather clinical and financial information and identify optimal service location.
7.Triage clinical cases in "Yellow" or "NonStandard" criteria to appropriate Area designee, e.g. Clinical Services Manager, CareLine Nurse or Center DN.
8.Communicate clinical acceptance based on area clinical criteria, e.g. "Red, Yellow, Green" or Standard/NonStandard criteria.
9.Make placement decision by booking center reservation.
10. In collaboration with Discharge Planner and center, schedule patient transition to center.
11. Respond to referrals based on published productivity/performance standards.
12. Monitor re-hospitalized Genesis patients to ensure earliest possible return into Genesis HealthCare Nursing Center.
13. Identify opportunities for and threats to business and communicate this information to appropriate personnel.
14. Monitor sales contacts, referrals, admissions, re-admissions and dispositions and communicate changes in trends or referral patterns to appropriate staff and management.
15. Use Genesis technologies to document activities; submit reports and summaries in compliance with policy.
16. Prepares and manages the weekly hospital coverage schedule for the region
17. Maintains the regional vacation schedule and arranges for coverage of all assignments
18. Monitors daily referral activity and assigns necessary coverage as needed
19. Takes all sick calls and arranges for coverage of the assignment
20. Oversees the daily activities of the Floating/PRN ECCs.
21. Directs training of all new ECCs schedule both in their hospitals and at the Corporate office
22. Performs hands-on training for new ECCs on electronic processes and tools (IRM / PCC)
23. Maintains all of the cross coverage materials and insures there is appropriate sign off from one ECC to the next to prevent lost business
24. Acts as point person / resource for training of ECIN and e-discharge products for both new ECCs and center based staff as needed
25. Acts in a coverage capacity for RMDs direct reports for Non-Standard cases when they are not available
26. Performs other special projects, related duties and responsibilities as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current RN preferred licensure in the state in which employment occurs. 2.
Five to seven years of recent clinical nursing experience. 3. Valid driver's license and personal vehicle for daily travel. 4. Preferred case management experience. 5.
BSN preferred. 6. Experience in sales/marketing preferred. 7. Prior experience in utilization review or discharge planning preferred. 8. Certifications: CCM, CRRN or CIRS preferred.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 283484
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare
Genesis Healthcare LLC