If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people - whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. We're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Work independently or with other team members as requested by supervisor on specific projects.
2.Contribute to the development and maintenance operations of the Claim Systems technology from all perspectives in pursuit of loss ratio, sales and efficiency objectives.
3.Investigate, analyze and identify technological enhancements and workflows on assigned projects which are of a moderate to high complexity in nature to increase operating efficiency of the Claims Dept. Support Claim Business users in developing documentation for business cases and business requirements for business objectives to develop the best user interface for Claims Staff and Customers. Recommend new methods and procedures to enhance productivity.
4.Research and analyze projects or tasks and complete thorough and accurate business requirements for projects/tasks of moderate to high complexity. This includes system functionality, design, rules, integrations and workflows to be implemented as part of the claim systems.
5.Develop documentation and communicate with affected departments regarding claim system changes. Conduct any demonstration or training that may be required to complete an assigned project or task. Assist and participate in claim system implementations countrywide, including training and workflow analysis.
6.Build Acceptance Test and Use Cases. Perform QA and UA testing and regression and integration system maintenance testing on projects or tasks.
7.Participate in the development and design of new products and claims initiatives of moderate to high complexity. Identify and implement any processing or system changes that are necessary as a result.
8.Work with IT, Statistical Reporting, Policy Analysts and Claims Staff to review policy and ISO reporting changes and determine the impact on Claims processing.
9.Staff the Claims Help Desk that must be accessible to Claims Dept Employees Monday through Friday, 7 am to 5 pm. Assist in answering questions and resolving issues involving support as it relates to claim systems and network issues, security, printing issues and any related workflow. Support ServiceNow tickets.
10. Participate in the writing and maintenance of the Claims System Manual located on Utica's intranet site; assist with writing and maintaining other Claims Dept manuals and training material that involve system or workflow issues.
11. Conduct Claim System Support Claim Operation Reviews. Participate in reporting claims technical and claim support results and , as appropriate, deliver those results in a wrap up with the Claims Management Team
12. Update and maintenance of the Claims forms system, Claim System Administration Facility, Claims Authorization Facility, Vendor relation business rules and all State Audit Compliance Programs.
13. Develop new Claims Management reports by completing analysis and business requirements. Maintain, update and compile various monthly, quarterly and yearly Claim Dept Management reports.
14. Assist with the correction of Claims Support and Claims Technical system errors to ensure timely handling of errors by the Claim Support and Claim Technical Staff to avoid financial processing issues.
15. Communicate in writing and by phone, or in person, with Regional and Home Office Employees in all departments, Company Executives, Claim Managers and Supervisors, in addition to IT Systems and Claim Employees as needed.
16. Conduct training sessions and provide personal instructions to employees and reinsurance staff on an individual basis as well as in a group setting.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
2 -4 Year college degree and/or equivalent business experience
4 -5 years' experience working in claims system or claims technical role
Claims systems knowledge required
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
Flexible spending accounts
Vision care coverage
Paid Time-Off (PTO)
Paid Volunteer Day
Employee and Dependent life insurance
Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Credit Union membership
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
This is an exempt position. By applying for this position, you acknowledge that as an exempt employee, you should expect to find it necessary to work beyond your regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. As such, in accepting our offer, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill this expectation.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test.
Utica National Insurance Group