Mammalian expression of recombinant gene constructs
Perform small to large-scale protein production runs for protein purification and carry out expression characterization such as gel electrophoresis and Western-blot.
Operate, and when appropriate optimize, medium to large scale production processes.
Recording data in notebooks and laboratory databases as per company policies in a complete, accurate, and timely manner is a critical responsibility
Present data to project teams as needed
Participate in general lab maintenance including maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment
Work closely with different groups across functions, collaborate within a highly multidisciplinary environment
To perform experiments, organize data and analyze results under minimal supervision. With minimal supervision, plans, conducts or monitors experiments, records and organizes data, analyses results, generates robust and reliable data and/or Ensures that contracted studies are conducted in compliance with the respective protocol and applicable guidelines and regulations.
Monitors or follows established experimental design and protocols and performs routine tasks and studies to obtain reproducible and reliable results with limited supervision
Plans, monitors or conducts, analyzes and records experiments, and provides interpretation of data Effectively transfers experimental methods from literature to the lab and makes modifications as necessary
Develops and implements new protocols with moderate review
Engages coworkers in scientific discussions
Communicates data and interpretation to work group
Skilled at developing systems to ensure quality data
Skilled and/or knowledgeable in the use of standard laboratory equipment and with one or more major laboratory instruments/techniques
Effectively trouble-shoots equipment and experimental difficulties
VIEW JOBS1/16/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-16T00:00<strong>Job Title</strong>: Sr Associate Scientist (JP5169)<br />
<strong>Location</strong>: South San Francisco, CA 94080<br />
<strong>Employment Type</strong>: Contract<br />
<strong>Duration</strong>: 10 months with likely extensions<br />
<strong>Business Unit:</strong> Biologics & Protein Technologies<br />
<em><a href="http://3keyconsulting.com/">3Key Consulting</a> is looking for an </em><strong>Sr Associate Scientist </strong> <em>for a leading, international pharmaceutical company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, CA.</em><br />
<strong><u>Job Summary: </u></strong><br />
Amgen is a leading global biotechnology company, with a mission to serve patients around the world. As a science-based, patient-focused organization, we discover and develop innovative therapies to treat serious illnesses. Our medicines have made a dramatic difference in the lives of millions. To underpin our commitment to serve patients, Amgen is significantly expanding our Research and Development facility in San Francisco CA (ASF). <br />
The Protein Technologies group at ASF is looking for an energetic and highly motivated Scientist who will be part of our Mammalian Expression team, supporting production of antibodies and recombinant proteins. The successful candidate will be part of a team supporting lead identification for therapeutic proteins and protein reagent production for Amgen Discovery Research. This individual will perform day-to-day, hands-on operation for protein expression from mammalian cells.<br />
<strong><u>Day to day Responsibilities for this individual will include</u></strong> <br />
• Mammalian expression of recombinant gene constructs <br />
• Perform small to large-scale protein production runs for protein purification and carry out expression characterization such as gel electrophoresis, western-blot and FACS <br />
• Operate, and when appropriate optimize, medium to large scale production processes. <br />
• Appropriately record data in notebooks and laboratory databases as per company policies <br />
• Present data to project teams as needed <br />
• Participate in general lab maintenance including maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment <br />
• Work closely with different groups across functions, collaborate within a highly multidisciplinary environment <br />
<strong><u>Basic Qualifications</u></strong> <br />
Master’s degree & 5 years of scientific experience OR Bachelor’s degree & 7 years of scientific experience <br />
<strong><u>Preferred Qualifications</u></strong> <br />
• MS in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field, with a minimum of 5 years laboratory experience with cell culture, preferably in an industry environment <br />
• Extensive experience with recombinant protein expression in mammalian cell systems is a must <br />
• Protein expression analysis techniques (e.g. gel electrophoresis, Western Blot, flow cytometry) are required <br />
• Hands-on experience with WAVE and/or tank bioreactors is preferred <br />
• Working knowledge in molecular biology and protein biochemistry is preferred <br />
• Hands-on experience with lab automation is a plus <br />
• Ability to identify, develop and implement scientific solutions to practical problems <br />
• Attention to details and strong problem solving skills <br />
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills are essential. <br />
• Must be a motivated team player with commitment to quality and timeline.<br />
<strong><u>Top Must have Skill Sets</u></strong>:<br />
• Mammalian expression of recombinant gene constructs<br />
• Perform small to large-scale protein production runs for protein purification and carry out expression characterization such as gel electrophoresis, western-blot and FACS<br />
• Operate, and when appropriate optimize, medium to large scale production processes.<br />
<strong><u>Employee Value Proposition</u></strong>: This person would be contributing to advancing multiple therapeutic areas at Amgen support the generation of new medicines.<br />
<strong><u>Red Flags</u></strong><strong><u>:</u></strong> only academic lab work history; we would prefer someone with industry experience in a similar company/size to Amgen<br />
<strong><u>Interview Process:</u></strong> Phone screening; certain candidates will be invited for on-site interviews with Amgen staff in USSF.<br />
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website <a href="http://www.3keyconsulting.com/" target="_blank">www.3keyconsulting.com</a>. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.<em><strong>**No Third-party Vendors Please**</strong></em><br />
3 Key ConsultingSouth San FranciscoCA
VIEW JOBS1/15/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-15T00:00Career CategoryScientificJob Description
The Nonclinical Safety Sciences department at Amgen is seeking a highly motivated individual with knowledge of nonclinical non-GLP and GLP toxicology studies. The Associate Scientist will understand and critically evaluate basic study designs and data, and will collaborate with scientific and operational team members to ensure coordination of program and study activities.
Occasional travel up to 20% of the time.
Efficiently resolve conflict among competing interests and act independently to solve problems
Track program timelines, review of study protocols and reports, management of problematic issues and implementation of resolution plans involving multiple parties
Effective meeting facilitation/coordination, and study status reporting
Prepare scientific graphs and presentations, write departmental guidelines and SOPs, and participate in departmental initiatives.
Master's degree and 2 years of scientific experience
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of scientific experience
3+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
Ability to review, analyze and communicate scientific data and results
Familiarity with GLP regulations
Experience applying program management principles and skills in a scientific setting
Experience as a study director, monitor or coordinator
Ability to deliver results in a team environment
Proficiency with graphing software, Microsoft Project and Gantt charts
Strong negotiation and influencing skills, adjust to a dynamic and collaborative work environment, lead and embrace change, and possess strong communication skills
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Amgen Inc.South San FranciscoCA
VIEW JOBS1/12/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-12T00:00Senior Scientist I/II; Protein Sciences
About CytomX Therapeutics:
CytomX Therapeutics is a clinical-stage oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company pioneering a novel class of investigational antibody therapeutics based on its Probody™ therapeutic technology platform. Probody therapeutics are designed to exploit unique conditions of the tumor microenvironment to more effectively localize antibody binding and activity while limiting activity in healthy tissues. The Company's pipeline includes cancer immunotherapies against clinically-validated targets, including a PD-L1-targeting Probody therapeutic wholly owned by CytomX (CX-072), a PD-1-targeting Probody therapeutic wholly owned by CytomX (CX-188) and a CTLA-4-targeting Probody therapeutic partnered with Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS-986249). The pipeline also includes first-in-class Probody drug conjugates against highly attractive targets including a CD166-targeting Probody drug conjugate wholly owned by CytomX (CX-2009), and a CD71-targeting Probody drug conjugate partnered with AbbVie (CX-2029) are among cancer targets that have been considered to be inaccessible to conventional antibody drug conjugates due to their presence on many healthy tissues. CytomX and its partners have four programs in the clinic. In addition to its wholly owned programs, CytomX has strategic collaborations with AbbVie, Amgen, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and ImmunoGen, Inc. For more information, visit www.cytomx.com. Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Location: South San Francisco, California
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Senior Director, Protein Sciences
We seek a highly motivated individual to support the protein production and purification needs for all discovery and development programs at CytomX. The successful candidate will work as a Sr. Scientist I/II in the Protein Sciences Department and contribute to the lead selection process by implementation of parallel purification and developability of antibodies, Probodies and Bispecifics.
* Develop parallel purification processes for antibodies, Probodies and Bispecifics.
* Develop strategies to improve the production of Probodies and Bispecifics by transient transfection of mammalian cells.
* Serve as purification lead to support new Probodies and Bispecifics programs.
* Manage the protein purification workflow by prioritizing the needs from Protein Engineering, Process Sciences and biology groups.
* Solve protein purification problems based on scientific principles, current technologies, and personal experience.
* Facilitate the development of purification platform fit assessment process for lead molecules
* Develop strategies and criteria for developability of Probody and Bispecific molecules
* Trouble shoot routine purification instrumentation and HTP purification systems as required
* Establish appropriate QC standards for protein reagents.
* Manage and guide junior staff in purification workflow
* Manage Protein Sciences database
* Organize data and communicate results in internal and external scientific meetings
PhD in Biochemistry or Protein Chemistry or related discipline with 10+ years of experience in the biotechnology or biopharma industry or MS in Biochemistry with 12-15 years of experience in the biotechnology or biopharma industry
* Expertise in large and small-scale protein purification using multi-channel pumps, AKTA systems, Protein Maker System and Janus robotic system is required.
* Should be well versed in protein characterization assays such as concentration, endotoxin measurement, SDS-PAGE, CE-SDS, SEC-HPLC, ELISA and HIC.
* Expertise in endotoxin and aggregate removal from protein solutions by various chromatography techniques is required.
* Expertise in basic molecular biology and cell culture techniques is required
* Familiarity with polyclonal and monoclonal anti-Id generation process is desired
* Expertise in developability assessment of therapeutic biologics molecules is desired
* Experience in managing the protein purification workflow is required
CytomX is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. CytomX will not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Cytomx TherapeuticsSouth San FranciscoCA