Sr. Assistant Actuary, Corporate Actuarial
Kalos Consulting, Inc.
Baltimore , MD 21201
Posted 2 weeks ago
Very well established company thats been around over 150 years.
One of the world's largest insurance and investment management companies with assets are over $1 trillion worldwide.
Company was certified as a great place to work which was based off of a survey from over 350 employees which over 90% said they take pride in their work and feel good about the companys contribution to the community.
Greater Baltimore area
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Group Term, spending accounts, disability, 401k.
"floating" holidays, personal leave, health leave, bereavement, military.
Tuition reimbursement, study program, seminars, industry committees,associations, societies.
Sponsor sports teams, host family picnics, offer days off PTO yearly for volunteer work.
One of the most affordable and livable cities on the east coast!
Low crime area.
Highly educated local population, great public schools.
High quality dining, hiking, and other lifestyle opportunities, great place for active outdoor lovers!
Role you will play:
- Support the team in addressing all work and ad-hoc requests needed for the delivery of IFRS 17 and PBR / VM-20 by the respective effective dates.
- Develop and maintain our One Model strategy in GGY-AXIS. This new actuarial model will be used for a variety of purposes, including Valuation, Financial Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis, EC, Cash Flow Testing, and others as needed. Ensure implementation of models complies with actuarial standards and guidelines.
- Gain expertise on the financial reinsurance deals for our Term and UL products and serve as the teams expert on these deals, as well as a liaison among all the key stakeholders during deal implementation stage. Help coordinating between different key stakeholders (Finance, Valuation and Projection, Pricing, and internal and external parties involved in the deals) and field actuarial questions and requests.
- Review and test models and systems to ensure that they are appropriately built to reflect product designs, financial reinsurance deals, the risk of business, and fit for the purposes of all the modeling requirements.
- Ensure model control is maintained around production models, to prevent unauthorized changes and ensure integrity of model results. Maintain detailed documentation of all changes made to models, including impacts under key reporting bases and evidence of management approval.
- Identify and implement process improvements, including automation of manual tasks where possible, to increase efficiency and transparency while minimizing the risk of errors.
- Partner with Model Development team to establish appropriate model structures, plan validation and merge activities, and support training and education.
- Other duties as required.
Actuarial software skills:GGY-AXIS