Sr. Android Developer - Iot Applications
Fishers , IN 46038
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Outside Source delivers the apps, integrations and strategy that power connected user experiences. We are strategists, designers, and developers and we partner with leading companies to build transformative mobile and web applications for the Internet of Things.
Our office is located within the Indiana IoT Lab in Fishers, Indiana, a collaborative workplace focused on developing the next generation of IoT technology.
We are looking for an experienced Android developer responsible for the development and continuous integration of a variety of IoT applications. You will have the opportunity to work directly with designers and developers who have been supporting enterprise-class connected products for nearly a decade. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and overall quality is essential.
Note: Must reside in the US and be legally authorized to work in the US.
As a Senior Android Developer, you will...
- Develop new applications for Outside Source and for our clients
- Continuously integrate on existing mobile applications
- Write user stories, technical, and functional requirements
- Work closely with UX / UI teams to design first-class experiences
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Help maintain code quality and organization
- Guide clients towards effective solutions that balance technical requirements and business needs
- Attend development meetings (stand-ups, retrospectives, kick-offs, UX / UI design sessions)
As a candidate...
- You know the core aspects of native Android development within Android Studio: workspace configuration, project / target configuration, build configuration, and debugging
- You have significant experience with Kotlin and / or Java
- You have extensive experience implementing UX / UI with native Android views, Constraint Layout, and custom views
- You have experience navigating Android Activity and Fragment life cycles
- You know your way around Object-oriented design
- You have a solid knowledge of multithreaded programming concepts
- You can smoothly integrate with any API
- You understand managing code in Git
- You have completed the Play Store submission process
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are friendly and understand that strong interpersonal skills are key for success
You might also...
- Have developed Wear OS applications
- Have developed apps supporting IoT integrations
- Have developed apps supporting Bluetooth integrations
- Have explored Alexa / Google Home integrations
- Have experience integrating with microservices on AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Used RxJava / RxKotlin / ReactiveX frameworks
- Used Android Jetpack
- Used Realm or Room
- Have used Instruments for app performance and memory tuning
- Have implemented push notifications using Cloud SaaS providers
- Have experience with functional programming
- Have used test or behavior driven development
- Have distributed Android apps in an enterprise environment
The benefits we offer to full-time employees:
- Paid vacation time
- Fully funded health insurance
- HSA availability
- Life insurance
- 401k with 4% match
- Short and long-term disability offerings
- Any hardware, software or services you need to do your job are always 100% on us.
- A flexible, learning-based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.