Sr. Agile Coach (Technical Agility)
McLean , VA 22102
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Glebewood is Seeking a DevOps Agile Coach to join our growing team. As an agile coach, you must be able to empathize with individuals and teams and raise their engineering and problem-solving skills. Act as a mentor and help client team members to understand how best to advance technical practices to improve delivery speed, quality and value. The ideal candidate will love new challenges, thrives on solving problems, have great communication skills and a proven track record in technical coaching.
As an Agile Coach you will be responsible for advising and facilitating policy, process, and cultural transformation across a major government enterprise, as well as working directly with Agile Programs within the Agency to adopt Agile practices. This includes developing guidance artifacts, creating standards and processes, and training/mentoring program personnel and leadership. The Agile Coach will provide hands-on coaching for Programs to facilitate a smooth transformation to adopting DevSecOps practices and capture best practices for knowledge sharing across the organization.
This role is 80% remote with a mix of work from home and time in the Corporate office with occasional time at the client site following the pandemic.
This is a fully-funded position and we actively hiring for an immediate start.
- Coach teams on Lean, Agile, and DevOps principles and practices.
- Apply knowledge and experience with agile teams creating new features.
- Experience with building services architecture in the cloud.
- Teach and help teams implement techniques, eg. Value Stream Mapping, Vertically Sliced Stories, Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), CI/CD, and pipeline buildout and optimization.
- Provide hands-on coaching and consulting in Agile Programs to identify gaps in technical agility practices, and facilitate improvement
- Implement Agile metrics for driving proactive monitoring of delivery pipeline efficiency/effectiveness and product performance to facilitate data-driven decision making and demonstrate the impact of coaching and transformation efforts
- Facilitate government transformation of organizational governance functions to enable the adoption of Agile processes and practices by the development teams
- Effectively teach and mentor teams and individuals.
- 3+ years of experience in building and maintaining DevSecOps and/or Continuous Delivery pipelines
- 5+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from Acceptance Criteria to production
- 10+ years professional experience
- Experience building out CI/CD pipelines with teams and integrating into the Release Management process. (experience in the cloud is a huge plus)
- Development experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Angular 5, Node JS, Jenkins, GitHub, AWS, C#, .NET, Python
- Technical background with a deep understanding of modern Technical Architecture and DevOps practices
- Innovative thinking ability to learn new tools and techniques and apply them to the program
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of working within Federal contracting constraints and supporting programs that have a significant contractor presence
- Demonstrated Agile Thought Leadership preferred written publications on Agile, speaker at Agile conferences or meet-ups, etc.
- Experience in conducting DevSecOps maturity assessments and developing recommendations
- Experience in coaching/consulting customers on transforming delivery process to incorporate automation and DevSecOps Practices
We offer a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services to our employees, including:
- Technology Credit for Bring your own Device or Corporate Computer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits for the employee and dependents
- Retirement Saving plan with employer matching.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays.
- Paid Training and Learning Credits
Glebewood Consulting is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Glebewood is a Veteran friendly employer.