Bedford Park , IL 60499
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Execute accounting transactions in accordance with U.S. GAAP ensuring transactions are accurately and properly stated. Analyze and report Sweetener plant spending to management for comparison of actual costs to plan and latest estimates. This responsibility includes not only ongoing performance, but continued improvements in processes, accuracy and analytical support to the Plant Finance Manager on spending control initiatives. Participate in month-end and year-end closing processes as required. Manage all aspects of internal controls for the U.S./Canada plants.
Reports To: Plant Finance Manager
- Participate in the preparation of accurate and timely month-end Sweetener plant spending reports and provide actual to budget variance explanations; Provide relevant supporting documentation to internal and external customers.
- Drive and improve profit plan and quarterly forecasts for Sweetener facilities.
- Proactively identify, control and communicate on spending issues at Sweetener facilities.
- Review daily production and inventory adjustments to ensure accurate and timely reporting of Sweetener plant performance. Oversee inventory receipts/balances to ensure accurate and timely reporting of Sweetener plant Balance Sheet accounts.
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual Sarbanes-Oxley testing across all U.S/Canada plant operations to ensure standardization and compliance.
- Perform analyses of various spending accounts to proactively identify and communicate spending issues to the Sweetener plants and recommend action.
- Conduct process reviews to identify improvements to enhance the quality of financial reporting; Lead the implementation of improvements identified through this process.
- Identify internal control deficiencies and lead resolution and standardization efforts.
- Effectively manage, develop and train Accounting staff to meet the requirements of multiple manufacturing facilities and corporate accounting.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with all units and functional managers across multiple locations to ensure accurate and timely reporting of plant performance.
Qualified Candidates will have:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance required, CPA desired
5+ years progressive experience in financial analysis/accounting environment, manufacturing a plus
Proficiency in US GAAP accounting principles and understanding of Sarbanes
Strong computer skills with knowledge in the use of MS Office; SAP experience a plus
Demonstrated leadership amongst financial professionals
Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able to convey information in a clear, focused and concise manner.
Proficient in the English language
Travel required as necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.