Collect, organize, and apply company statistic and general data in order to improve the efficiency and influence our company has; present the collected information in monthly board meetings to the heads of each department.
Explain the implications of business statistics on a daily basis.
Oversee query optimization and database architecture for the development team.
Review and optimize current database architecture.
Review, code and identify optimizations.
Support Business Intelligence team with Reporting and Report Automation.
Support database server administration as needed.
Job Skills & Qualifications Required
Minimum of 7 years experience with SQL
Strong communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills
Bachelor's degree in finance, mathematics, business, or other related fields
VIEW JOBS10/4/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-01-02T00:00Description
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Sql Server DBA in Bethesda, MD.
* Design and implement databases within a multi domain/server/instance environment
* Develop backup and recovery strategies, create and optimize database objects, role and permission based security, and other advanced topics such as AlwaysOn Availability Groups and Cloud Computing
* Investigate complex database issues and provide solutions in a dynamic, complex, production environment.
* Effectively interface with customers, system administrators, database team members, and software developers.
* Learn and understand data models and data architecture documents.
* Install database software, apply database software patches and upgrade the database structure, as well tasks in data conversion and other database-centric process improvements.
* Perform code review and deploy database changes to production environment.
* Develop standard operating procedure (SOP) documents.
* Provide after-hours and on call support as well as deployment of production packages during non-peak hours
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems and 5 years of relevant experience.
* 5+ years of experience working with relational databases
* 5+ years with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later versions preferable
* 5+ years of T-SQL developing tables, views, indexes, constraints, triggers, stored procedures, etc.
Working experience with Windows OS, Active Directory, VMware, data domain, PowerShell.
* Experience working with security / information assurance personnel to resolve Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms).
* Familiar with data replication, high-availability technologies, and windows failover clustering, transaction replication, log shipping.
* Experience performing backups and restores; responding to incident requests; and good knowledge of the processing of trouble tickets; knowledge of Remedy a plus.
* Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance (including application of database patches) of Microsoft SQL Server database systems.
* Must have experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
* Knowledge of database concepts, object and data modeling techniques and design principles with an understanding of different data structures and their benefits / limitations.
* Ability to work independently and quickly analyze error messages and perform necessary actions to resolve issues including scripts, deployments, and database server restarts.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Highly Desired Skills:
* Experience working in Agile development environments.
* Experience with Power BI, Oracle, DevOps, Azure or AWS Cloud, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Data Analysis Expressions (DAX), PowerQuery M.
* Experience with MS PowerShell Scripting
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
VIEW JOBS10/10/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-01-08T00:00MS Access database developer
Location: Bethesda, MD
looking for a senior MS Access database developer with at least 5+ years of experience in following skillset
1. Database development using MS Access with knowledge of Oracle and MS SQL
2. Knowledge of PL-SQL and T-SQL
3. Knowledge of using ODBC data connections and data sources in MS Access
4. Ability to build forms, reports and views in MS Access
5. Ability to code using VBA
6. Ability to build integrated solutions and perform moderately complex integrations in MS Access with external data sources such as SharePoint.
7. Knowledge of Microsoft .NET framework and Windows Forms based applications using MS Access database backend
8. Knowledge of QlikView and QlikSense is a bonus but not required
Must have excellent written and spoken communication skills. Needs to be a self-starter and ability to work independently. Should have experience working in hybrid role of business analyst and application developer.
22Nd Century TechnologiesBethesdaMD
VIEW JOBS10/10/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-01-08T00:00Position: Oracle EBS Database Administrator
Location: Bethesda MD
Provide senior level Oracle Applications DBA support to production and non-production environments for complex ERP systems including Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2.3, Oracle OBIEE, Oracle GRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance), Oracle UPK, and integration with other ERP systems such as Prism Contract Management, Sunflower Property Management, and web services. Responsible for installation, configuration, and day-to-day maintenance of the environments as well as support to special projects including new installs, patching, and upgrades.
* Provide technical support in the areas of technical application and database administration, specifically focusing on installation, configuration, patching, and maintenance of Oracle e-Business Suite R12.2.3, Oracle OBIEE, Oracle GRC, Oracle UPK, Prism, Sunflower, and web services under UNIX Solaris and Windows platform.
* Work with ISSO team on monthly patch analysis, testing, and deployment of patches and security requirements for applications, databases, and tools.
* Apply performance/tuning techniques for keeping all environments and databases at optimal performance.
* Comply with SLAs for DBA activities including resolving user tickets and requests.
* Work in a team environment and provide knowledge sharing to other DBAs.
* Identify and recommend improvements to DBA level processes and procedures to increase efficiencies.
* Ensure appropriate documentation is created and maintained related to assigned projects and activities.
* Create and maintain cloning/refresh scripts for non-production environments.
* Work well with other O&M groups to effectively support and execute O&M activities.
* Comply with and follow the program's software configuration management and change control process for all system level changes.
* Support backup and recovery schedules and scripts utilizing Oracle RMAN (Recovery Manager).
* Perform cloning of application and database instances utilizing Oracle's cloning methodology, Oracle RMAN (Recovery Manager), and custom scripts.
* Support and maintain Disaster Recovery environment and DR simulation testing
* Provide on-call support to production environments including some weekend support
* Manage password resets process for server and database accounts.
* Work with Hosting Service provider for server, storage, network, and firewall requirements including support to server OS level patching schedules
* Create and maintain UNIX Shell scripts for automation of Oracle RMAN backup and recovery, and cloning of applications and database instances.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires a bachelor's degree, and 8 to 10 years of related experience.
22Nd Century TechnologiesBethesdaMD