Responsible for the provision of patient directed, spiritual care services for patients, families, and caregivers either directly or through coordination of care with other spiritual care providers. Adhere to Company policies and procedures and regulatory compliance requirements and directives. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the Companys budget. Travel as necessary.
ATTRIBUTES / QUALIFICATIONS
Ability to work as an interdisciplinary team member within various settings. The ability to work in an interfaith setting. Ability to work with different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs and values. Ability to network with communities, clergy, and congregations. Knowledge of and commitment to Hospice philosophy of care. Demonstrate excellent planning, observation and communication skills. Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology (B.D., M.Div. or equivalent theological degree), or degree in counseling, or equivalent experience. Experience working with death and dying. Hospice/home health experience preferred.
1.Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission Vision Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
2.Assess spiritual needs and provide consultation to patients/families/caregivers in a timely and supportive manner.
3.Contact clergy or spiritual counselors to assist in spiritual care of patients and family members upon request.
4.Develop and document plan for spiritual care, in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team.
5.Attend IDT for the review, revision/update, and overall coordination of the plan of care for spiritual services.
6.Complete all documentation in relation to the established plan of care that supports Company Policy and Procedures.
7.Maintain working list of local community resources for spiritual and religious supportive services.
8.Incorporate all needed direct services including spiritual and/or religious community resources into the plan of care as deemed necessary and/or directed by IDT.
9.Provide consultation, education, and support to the interdisciplinary team on spiritual care.
10. Conduct Pre-Bereavement contacts with the patient and family as assigned in the Hospice Plan of Care.
11. Conducts Bereavement Assessments, visits, and other contacts as assigned, creating appropriate documentation as required supporting Company Policy and Procedures.
12. Networks with faith communities for the purposes of teaching about the hospice philosophy.
13. Provide funeral or memorial services for patients as requested.
14. Conduct memorial services in Facilities as requested.
15. Conduct or participate in the memorial service(s) for employees, facilities, and family members of Companys Bereavement Program as required.
16. Assist in supervision of spiritual care volunteers when assigned to patients/families/caregivers.
17. Coordinate travel time, schedule all visits, and manage a caseload to deliver care in a cost-effective manner consistent with weekly visit schedule.
18. Demonstrates flexibility in managing unscheduled events into visit schedule, such as a new Admission Consent/Legal, or patient emergency requiring a spiritual care visit.
19. Assure compliance with local, state, and federal/Medicare regulations, and established policies and procedures.
20. Participate in evening, weekend, & holiday call, as well as scheduled On-Call as required.
21. Adheres to and participates in Companys mandatory HIPAA privacy program / practices, Business Ethics and Compliance programs / practices, and all Company policies and procedures.
22. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Kindred is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Curo Health Services