POSITION SUMMARY: The Speech Language Pathologist organizes and provides speech-language services for the agency to facilitate rehabilitation. He/she directs patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. Also, the Speech Language Pathologist facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for communication and swallowing, to diminish or remediate disorders or deficits. He/she directs activities to promote and maintain health, within the scope of practice and consistent with the Code of Ethics of the profession.
1.SLP-CF must complete a minimum of 36 week (for full time employment) Clinical Fellowship while being supervised and mentored by a licensed, ASHA certified SLP.
2.SLP-CF must complete all requirements for provisional licensure, if applicable to the state, and practice in accordance to state licensure requirements and professional standards for the duration of the provisional license and Clinical Fellowship. If no provisional licensure in the state, must meet the supervision requirements set forth by CMS for patients with Medicare for the duration of the Clinical Fellowship.
3.Communicates status of Clinical Fellowship and licensure to direct supervisor and Director of Rehab in a timely manner. This includes status of necessary requirements, completion of required documentation for Clinical Fellowship, and completion of licensure documentation and application as well as receipt of CCC and permanent license.
4.SLP-CF will not be eligible to provide supervision to students during the Clinical Fellowship.
5.Meets productivity standards for the rehab gym, or as directed by the Director of Rehab/Clinical Operations Area Director.
6.Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other related meetings.
7.Makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
8.Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team to select the most appropriate therapeutic regimen consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
9.Adapts program and/or plan of care according to the needs of the individual patient.
10. Promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of fire and safety hazards.
11. Orders supplies and equipment as necessary.
12. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment, as necessary.
13. Puts Patient Service first, ensuring that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individual's needs and rights.
14. Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history, systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures, synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it, identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care. Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration with the patient and caregivers, implements the speech language pathology treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services. Services include but are not limited to application of therapeutic techniques in areas such as:
I will always act with integrity and honesty, and expect others to do the same. I will ensure my actions comply with the standards set forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and the Employee Handbook.
I will treat others in the way I would like to be treated. I will appreciate and respect others' beliefs, and I will cherish our diversity.
I will take responsibility for myself in my actions and my quality of work. I will hold others to those same standards.
be actively engaged
I will make a conscious effort to be an active part of our community. I will check email and RehabCentral regularly to keep up-to-date on important information. I will be aware of the numerous resources available to me as an employee.
take pride in my work & my company
I will be proud of the work I've done each and every day. I will always represent my company in a positive, professional manner both inside and outside of work.
I understand that change is a necessary part of life. I will approach change with a positive attitude and will work with my team members to overcome any obstacles associated with change.
I will communicate in an appropriate, professional and timely manner. I will strive to be an active listener by making an effort to hear not just the words another person is saying but, more importantly, understand the total message being conveyed.
strive for excellence
I will continuously work to grow and develop myself as an employee. I will ask for assistance if I need it, and I will be open to receiving feedback from my manager.
I will contribute to a positive work environment where my team members and I enjoy coming to work and celebrating each other's successes.
21. Performs other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. He/she must possess a master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology, Communication Disorders, Communicative Disorders or similarly titled area that is consistent and acceptable to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. 2. He/she must possess or be eligible for a Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) or be eligible to participate as an ASHA Clinical Fellow. 3. The Speech Language Pathologist must be licensed, certified or credentialed, as required in the state of practice.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 301579
Center Name: Genesis Rehab Services
Genesis Healthcare LLC