Stone Clinical Laboratories
Huntsville , TN 37756
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The basic functions of the Specimen Collector are to accurately collect and process appropriate patient samples for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. This position is expected to serve and protect patients by adhering to professional standards, all established policies and procedures, and applicable federal, state, and/or accrediting requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Greet patients using excellent customer service skills
- Verify patients by the industry standard of 2 identification technique
- Perform specimen collections for venipuncture, respiratory, urine and oral fluid drug screening according to Stone Clinical Laboratories collection guidelines.
- Maintain specimen integrity by following department procedures and OSHA standards
- Prepare samples according to Stone Clinical Laboratories, DOT and IATA requirements for shipping
- Work with laboratory computer system to input patient demographics, insurance, and test ordering information
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment and comply with legal regulations by following standards and procedures
- Perform other similar or related duties as requested or assigned
- Required: High-school diploma or equivalent
- Must read and write English above a high school level
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be computer proficient, have attention to detail, accuracy, organizational skills, and verbal and written communication skills
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Good problem solving and multitasking skills
- Be able to work autonomously
- Required: 1 year of specimen collection experience
- Preferred: 3 years of specimen collection experience
- Multi-site Physician Group Practice experience, a plus
*Reliable transpiration is a requirement for this position.
This position requires frequent standing, sitting, bending, reaching, grasping, fingering, and occasional climbing and crawling. May be exposed to noise, dirt, dust, fumes and loud noises. Specimens may be contaminated with infectious diseases including, but not limited to HIV and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. This position works in an indoor environment dealing with the public.
- Must be able to work under stress and in fast-paced environment.
- Must have ability to bend, stoop, twist and work with a computer
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Visual requirements: Must be able to make visual color determinations, requires constant reading and close-up work.
- Must be able to operate standard office machines, computers, telephones, etc.
- Hearing/talking requirements: Must be able to hear normal speech and faint sounds; must be able to communicate via telephone.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.