VIEW JOBS9/23/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-12-22T00:00As one of the nation's leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children - even those who may never enter our doors - through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive team environment. All Nemours associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day to day work with colleagues, patients and families.
The Hospital School Teacher (CASUAL) will adapt and develop educational material to meet the unique needs of hospitalized children who may be admitted for treatment for chronic or acute illness, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, brain and spinal tumors, transplanted organs and many other disorders. The Hospital School Teacher will work with already established educational material from patients enrolled schools and if present, may follow the patients established Individualized Education Plan (IEP's) assist students in reaching their full learning potential. Hospital School Teachers must be proficient in all grades.
* Plan, implement and document an individualized plan to continue the education of hospitalized children who are patients of AIDHC.
* Assess how each student learns best and adapt teaching methods to fit unique learning need.
* Develop and plan creative teaching and learning activities.
* Administer and interpret diagnostic educational and cognitive aptitude tests, if applicable.
* Evaluate and summarize outcomes of school based teaching methods.
* Work closely with hospital staff, parents and school professionals to plan educational services provided to students post-discharge. Consulting with general education teachers on an as needed basis.
* Participate in planning and development of Individual Education Plans (IEP), if applicable
* Document in Medical Record services provided to patients.
* Complete annual continuing education necessary for obtained certification(s).
* Maintains personal organization of teaching statistics for monthly reports Participates in staff functions, i.e. staff meetings and huddles, when available.
* Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Director.
* Supervises volunteers in the school program.
* Bachelor's degree in Education or Special Education, or related instructional field of study
* Delaware Teaching License required
* Specialty certifications in field of study, i.e. foreign language, math, etc.
* English as a second language experience or certification a plus
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique "Bridge to a Healthy Future" pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
VIEW JOBS8/29/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-11-27T00:00Overview
Position: Teacher 1
Department/Location: Child Care, Wilmington, DE
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Full-Time; 40 hours per week
Reporting Relationship: Director of Children's Services
Salary and Grade: $10.80 per hour; 71 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
* Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
* Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
* Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
* Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Remitted Tuition Program
* Eligibility for the Federal Government's Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
* Most importantly - a job with a good purpose!
Position Overview: To work as part of a classroom leading team to provide a warm and nurturing environment in which children can develop physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually.
* To provide the children with a safe loving and nurturing environment.
* To meet the children's needs in areas of physical, emotional, social and intellectual development.
* To prepare with the director an appropriate classroom curriculum and weekly plans sheets to carry out the established goals.
* To keep attendance records for the classroom.
* To carry out appropriate and positive discipline.
* To help build and function as part of a supportive team.
* To maintain a room arrangement that is safe, inviting, interesting and stimulating.
* To attend weekly staff meetings
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
Certified TEC I and TEC II required. Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education a plus. 2 years of experience preferred. Must be able to obtain clearances required by the Joseph R. Biden III and the Child Protection Act. Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please submit your resume and cover letter as instructed below.
Mail to: Human Resources, The Salvation Army, PO Box 308, Wilmington, DE 19899; Fax: 302-225-8350; Or go to:
External candidates interested in this position please apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position please apply at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
No Phone Calls Please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on August 28, 2020_____________________________________________________________
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army's Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1415
Salvation Army USAWilmingtonDE
VIEW JOBS8/27/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-11-25T00:00As early education leaders, we're influencing the next generation of learners, leaving a strong, lasting, positive impact on our children. From our more than 900 school locations to our regional offices and main headquarters, you'll find a dynamic environment and culture that is open, friendly, welcoming, and collaborative.
The Lead Teacher promotes the social, physical, and intellectual growth of the children under his/her care and works with the school's staff to create an environment of learning and keeps parents informed of the progress of their child.
We are Hiring qualified Lead Teachers for our Infant and Toddler classrooms.
* Create fun and interactive learning experiences while serving as mentors to fellow Teachers.
* Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all company standards.
* Communicate directly with parents and prospective parents to achieve success for the child.
* Maintain a fun and interactive classroom that is clean and organized.
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Must meet state requirements for education and additional center/school requirements may apply
* Experience leading a classroom and creating educational lesson plans
Learning Care Group, Inc. is the second-largest for-profit child care provider in North America and a leader in early education. Our programs are designed for children aged 6 weeks to 12 years. Across our eight unique brands, we're committed to creating state-of-the-art facilities with the latest technology and expert-driven curricula created by our own Education team.
To make a difference and have a positive impact on every child at our schools, their families, and the communities we serve every day. We support child development for infants to school-age students, through a comprehensive, research-based curriculum in a safe, nurturing, fun school environment. As experts in child care and early education, we empower children to be ready for school, we instill a lifelong love of learning, and we provide a solid foundation for a successful future.
Safety. Care. Education. Results. Our Values Safety, Honesty, Trust, Passion for Excellence, Love of Learning, and Innovation.
Please visit www.learningcaregroup.com/careers/ for more information.
North Country AcademyWilmingtonDE