Special Education Teacher
Bloomsburg , PA 17815
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
New Story School Is a private licensed academic school that provides special education support for children up to the age of 21 who have been diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavior disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
NEW STORY IS OFFERING A $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR THIS ROLE!!
New story is searching for a Special EducationTeacher to teach and mentor our emotional support students. As a Special Education Teacher, you play an integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom team and dynamics and functioning of all staff within their classroom. This position is for our "Berwick" school location.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Complete individualized Education plan (IEP) process, which includes IEP development, collaboration with multidisciplinary team members, and preparation of required paperwork.
- Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- Provide appropriate guidance, leadership and direction to staff within the classroom.
- Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA privacy rule regulations, and student/counselor confidentiality.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of six months experience working with children with behavior/learning disorders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- A positive can-do attitude
- A four-year degree from a college or university and one of the following certifications is required:
- Pennsylvania public School Special Education certificate
- Private Academic Teaching Certificate or
- Private Academic Temporary Approval Certificates
Eligible New Story employees will receive:
- Competitive pay, benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Employee discount program
- Rewards Program (Which allows you to earn points to purchase items)
- 401k options and paid school holidays
New Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about New Story Schools, benefits and careers please visit our website www.joinnewstory.com