Special Education Teacher - Elementary, Middle (Ny)
Excellence Community Schools
New York , NY 10462
Who We Are
Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional, and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplishes this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum - which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of our students.
Who We Need
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
- New York State Special Education Teacher Certification required.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO BE FULLY VACCINATED AND YOU MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF VACCINATION.
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered
- Collaborates and provides instruction for small groups and individuals.
- Collaborates with necessary personnel to identify and support students who are considered “at-risk.”
- Collaborates with classroom teachers to design and execute individualized education plans for students with special needs.
- Utilizes developmentally appropriate and rigorous curricula and instructional materials that are tightly aligned to benchmarks and the Common Core State standards.
- Presents students with new ideas and concepts through a variety of strategies, and inspires and guides them to explore, express and uncover new ideas of their own.
- Modifies existing instructional plans as necessary to accommodate individual student’s special needs.
- Administers, collects, and analyzes both qualitative and quantitative data gathered from a variety of assessments.
- Builds relationships with his or her students’ families through regular communication about at risk/ IEP students’ progress and provides ways in which families can support their children’s learning.
- Participates in school-wide student assessments in order to diagnose students’ needs.
- Provides resources and supports for classroom teachers to implement intervention strategies.
- Refers students when necessary for special services.
- Participates in meetings to develop and review Individual Education Plans and suggest appropriate supports.
- Keeps organized records of student progress and provides up-to-date reports.
- Knowledgeable about Special Education law and advocates for students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications ($64,160-$127,204.55)
- Health Insurance, dental, vision & 403b Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off/Paid Sick Leave/Parental Leave/FMLA
- Short-term, Long-term Disability benefits and Life Insurance
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org.