Special Education Supervisor
New Story Schools
Berwick , PA 18603
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
New Story Schools are private licensed academic schools that provides special education support for children up to the age of 21 who have been diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavior disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New story is searching for a Special EducationSupervisor to take on a key role in the schools leadership team and serve as a mentor for new teachers and provide over all support to the academic program. Our multi-disciplinary teams consist of top professionals in Special Education, Applied Behavioral Analysis, Speech and Occupational Therapy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with ensuring compliance with Department of Education regulations.
- Participate in the individual education plan (IEP) process by attending IEP meetings, working collaboratively with IEP team members, completing and preparing IEP paperwork and delivering instruction in a meaningful appropriate way to enable students to progress towards goals outlined in the IEP.
- Assist in the development of individualized lesson plans, goals, and success criteria for specially designed instruction.
- Conduct training needs assessments and provide initial and ongoing training for employees.
- Ensure special education teachers follow appropriate teaching practices, curriculum and outcome measures.
- Observe classrooms to assess curriculum staff and resource needs.
- Assist in the differentiation of curriculum to meet individual learning needs
- Support the special education classroom in the absence of the teacher.
- Assist in the coordination and administration of state testing.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Masters degree with a PA Special Education teaching certificate & a minimum of three years full- full time special education teaching experience.
- Experience implementing behavior management programs.
- Experience with curriculum development for children with special education needs.
- Team player interested in collaborating across disciplines within the school.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay, benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Employee discount program
- Rewards Program (Earn points to purchase items)
- 401k options and paid school holidays
New Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about New Story Schools, benefits and careers please visit our website www.joinnewstory.com