Soho House & Co.
Chicago , IL 60607
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position will be responsible for assisting the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in planning, organizing and leading Kitchen Department according to company policies and standards. Supporting the management team as needed.
Specifically the role will:
- Assist in overseeing daily operations of the kitchen, including staff
- Acting as the Chef on Duty as needed, making staffing decisions, scheduling changes, disciplining staff, employee relations, resolving guest and members issues
- Assist with receiving deliveries for stock and inventory
- Providing professional leadership and direction to kitchen staff
- Ensuring that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet Company standards and commitment to quality
- Actively participates as a member of the management team
- Delegates work to staff throughout shift
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- A Culinary Degree preferred and a minimum of 3+ years related experience.
- Must have 3+ years related experience in food & beverage operations with a proven track record of leading a professional, efficient, high quality, service-oriented operation.
- Food Serve Safe certification.
- Knowledge of Chicago sanitation regulations.
- Must be highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
- Must have supervisory, coaching and staff development experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift of up to 30 pounds on occasion and 15 pounds regularly.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Has the ability to taste all foods to assure correct preparation.
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days