Ruth's Chris Steak House Seattle , WA 98164
Provide day-to-day assistance and support to the Chef and Kitchen Staff by providing supervision of kitchen operations, food quality, food preparation and staff job performance in the absence of the Chef. Must have a high degree of commitment to food quality and safety standards.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform restaurant food preparation (daily raw prep, cooked prep and/or butchering) and work the cooks line (as the Pantry, Broil, Sides Cook or Expediter) as scheduled by the restaurant Chef.
2. Conduct thorough walk-through of operation prior to opening each day.
3. Perform weekly inventory and correctly place and receive orders for meat, seafood, poultry, dairy, produce and other kitchen operating supplies.
4. Supervise line cooks to determine what needs to be prepared prior to start of service.
5. Conduct line check prior to service to ensure quality product and preparations.
6. Expedite orders at the window; monitor timing, temperature and food quality.
7. Track product usage and prepares daily prep sheets according to established par and inventory levels, based upon product shelf life, to ensure sufficient quality, quantity and back-up for the days business.
8. Facilitate staff meeting prior to shift to cover special needs, events and or issues for the day.
9. Provide back up at each station as necessary.
10. Provide ongoing feedback and direction to back of house staff to promote high standards, execution and results.
11. Supervise the kitchen operations, food quality and preparation, and staff job performance in the absence of the Chef.
12. Assist the Chef in maintaining all safety, security, sanitation, and cleanliness and housekeeping standards for the restaurant.
13. Review sales and assist the Chef in achieving food, labor and other operating expense budgets.
14. Construct the weekly kitchen work schedule to meet the demands of the business, within the perimeters of the restaurants kitchen labor budget, as directed by the Chef
15. Inspect equipment and identify maintenance issues.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Extensive experience cooking in and ideally leading a high-volume, upscale concept restaurant
Formal culinary training and education is a plus
Formal business education is a plus
Proficient and cross-trained in all kitchen job stations, positions and cooking skills
Servsafe Food Certification and or equivalent
Ruths Chris Steak House is an equal opportunity employer/ E-Verify employer
Please apply online at http://www.ruthschris.com/careers