Inns Of Aurora
Aurora , NY 13026
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine, the Sous Chef is responsible for assisting in overseeing day-to-day kitchen operations and staff to ensure high quality cuisine and enforce health standards.
- Responsible for kitchen operations in the absence of the Chef de Cuisine
- Plan and direct all cooking processes and food preparation in the kitchen
- Use quality control standards to ensure all food items are high quality and correctly portioned
- Prep & Execute all catering events
- Assist Chef de Cuisine in menu creation
- Oversee and expedite preparation of all food items
- Assist Chef de Cuisine with monthly food inventory
- Monitor and address any issues with kitchen equipment and communicate issues to the Operations Manager
- Supervise, oversee, and assist in managing the kitchen staff in accordance with the standards set forth by the Chef de Cuisine and Operations Manager
- Assist in training of staff for job competence and to ensure staff is aware of all policies and procedures included in a food service business
- Use progressive discipline effectively in the management of staff
- Develop, train, implement and maintain food sanitation practices and safety protocol
- Create strong, team-oriented relationships with and between staff members
- Maintain a strong presence in the kitchen and facility
- Ensure cleanliness of kitchen areas before, during and after meal periods
- Coordinate opening and closing procedures
- Ensure kitchen and staff members operate in accordance to the state and federal food and safety laws
- Previous culinary and management/supervisory experience
- Strong leadership qualities to assist in managing and motivating staff members
- High levels of creativity and innovative qualities to inspire new ideas, recipes and general practices
- Passion for the food industry
- Excellent palate in order to taste, create and implement quality foods
- Excellent culinary techniques
- Ability to multi-task effectively under fast-paced working conditions
- Ability to maintain neat, professional and clean appearance and practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, and general computer literacy
- Must demonstrate a professional demeanor and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Specialized organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility with hourly schedules, including weekend, holiday and evening availabilities
- Degree from a culinary institute
- Personal flair and desire for cuisine experimentation
- Knowledge and understanding of workplace safety procedures
We are proud to offer outstanding benefits to all of our employees.
Full-time employees, those working 30 hours per week or more on average, are offered competitive medical and dental benefits, as well as generous paid time off packages.
Full-time and part-time employees are eligible to participate in our 401K program and supplementary benefits.
We are particularly proud to offer all of our employees a highly competitive employee discount at all of our lodging and dining properties.