Sous Chef- Huntsville, Alabama
Yedla Management Company
Huntsville , AL 35801
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Chef Job Description:
We are looking to hire a Sous Chef that is ready to take the next step in their career and work with a growing group that has opportunity to grow within our organization. These duties will encompass attracting and retaining staff, maintaining a cooperative relationship with team members and vendors, optimize staff productivity, and serve as a replacement in team members absence.
An ideal candidate will assist in training staff to use new recipes, cooking techniques and equipment, and work with food preparation. Responsibilities also include oversight over deliveries, prepare special dishes, and supervise and collaborate during service hours.
Top candidates are creative, service-oriented, level-headed, and ensure their team delivers high-quality, cost-effective dishes promptly.
- Ensuring promptness, freshness and quality of dishes.
- Coordinating cooks tasks.
- Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
- Designing new recipes, planning menus and selecting plate presentation.
- Reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational and financial objectives.
- Hiring and training staff (i.e., cooks, prep, dishwashers).
- Performing minimal administrative tasks (i.e., inventory, plate cost analysis, and selection of purveyors).
- Setting and monitoring performance standards for kitchen staff.
- Obtaining feedback on food quality and handling customer complaints with management.
- 5+ years experience in similar position.
- Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering and inventory.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Available to work on-call, shifts, after hours, over weekends and on public holidays.