Sonographer For MFM (High Risk Pregnancies)
Ucsf Benioff Childrens Physicians
Oakland , CA 94608
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We have a great opportunity for a Sonographer (Per Diem ) to work collaboratively with physicians under the direction the Sonographer Lead to provide quality diagnostic imaging in a very active clinicspecializing in high risk pregnancies. We are looking for a skilled Sonographer to provide quality patient service care and be a committed team member.
- Ensures patient services are delivered within agreed quality and service timelines.
- Maintains effective and consistent communication with physicians, patients and clinic staff.
- Obtain quality sonographic images during all trimesters of pregnancy including UA and MCA Dopplers, Transvaginal scans
- Perform quality Nuchal translucency scans (first trimester screening).
- Assist Perinatologist with CVS and amniocentesis procedures.
- Obtain clinical history, prepare patients for exams and convey pertinent information to Perinatologist in a timely manner.
- Ensure Electronic Health Records (E.H.R.) are completed within accuracy and timeliness requirements.
- Initiate and maintain professional communication with physicians, clinic staff and all patients.
- Maintains positive working relationships with the clinic community: including medical professionals, all levels of clinic staff and relates in a professional manner to all patients.
- Maintains infection control standards including thorough disinfection/cleaning of Ultrasound rooms, machines and equipment including Ultrasound probes.
- Maintains standards of service, productivity, safety, and security.
- Participate in initiatives to achieve performance on quality metrics set forth by the organization.
- Ultrasound procedures and processes
- Organizational and planning techniques used to manage effective patient flow.
- Medical terminology, clinical and administrative procedures in maternal-fetal clinic environments.
- Federal, and state laws, rules and regulations relating to the practice of ultrasound technology in maternal-fetal clinical environment.
- A thorough understanding of anatomy, physiology and pathology sufficient that independent selection and modification of technical factors can be made when performing ultrasound examinations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Detail oriented professional able to follow established protocols in complex clinic environment.
- Effectively operate ultrasound equipment.
- Evaluate sonograms in order to acquire appropriate diagnostic information.
- Integrate diagnostic sonograms, laboratory results, patient history and medical records, and adapt ultrasound examination as necessary.
- Use independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to acquire the optimum diagnostic ultrasound information in each examination performed.
- Evaluate, synthesize, and communicate diagnostic information to the attending physician.
- Communicate effectively with patients and the health care team, recognizing the special nature of ultrasound examinations and patients needs.
- Effectively use office computer software e.g. Outlook and other Microsoft Office suite software, and electronic timekeeping system.
- Graduation from a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) is required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography is desirable.Required Licenses/Certifications
- Active certification by American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in OB/Gyn is required.
- NT certification preferred but not required
- 2 years of clinical experience in high risk Maternal-Fetal ultrasound environment preferred.
About UCSF Benioff Childrens Physicians
UCSF Benioff Childrens Physicians (UBCP) is a multispecialty physician foundation, and an associated clinically integrated network. Our primary goal is to deliver the most advanced maternal and pediatric care throughout Northern California and beyond. We have Pediatric, OB-GYN, and Maternal-Fetal clinics located throughout the San Francisco Bay area.
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package including very generous 401(k) and Paid Time Off (PTO) plans for benefit eligible employees.
It is the policy of UCSF Benioff Childrens Physicians to provide equal employment for all qualified individuals; to prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, disability or status as a veteran or a disabled veteran. Equal employment opportunities apply to every aspect of UBCPs employment policies and practices.
Open until successful candidate chosen.