Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Solidworks Drafter / Designer
Atlanta , GA 30341
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The overall job function is CAD modeling grills and grill accessories. The Mechanical Drafter/Designer is expected to model and render in a multi-functional team environment consisting of engineering, manufacturing, suppliers, marketing, and sales with a focus on quality, cost and schedule. Design responsibility includes taking concept input from the Senior Designer and generating CAD models, Drawings, Renderings, and Bills of Material (BOMs). Experience in mass market Consumer Packaged Goods industry is preferred.
Project responsibilities through all phases of the product development cycle include:
- Draft and design grills and associated products in SolidWorks.
- Collaborate work in coordination with Engineering to transform concepts and napkin sketch ideas into 3D
- Assist engineers throughout the design phase; initial concepts, concept revisions, commercialized designs, and revisions to commercialized designs
- Support engineering, sales, and marketing as needed: designing, providing reference information from models, providing rendered images
- The Ideal Candidate will have at a 2-year degree related to CAD or a CAD certification and 3+ years of SolidWorks experience.
Technical skills should include:
- Proficiency in SolidWorks solid modeling including Sheet Metal design
- Create and modify sheet metal part models
- Create mechanical part and assembly models
- Create detailed mechanical drawings based on the ASME Y14.5M standard
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of manufacturing techniques such as, Stamping, Folding, Die Casting, Injection Molding
- Understand mechanical characteristics of common industry metals such as stainless steel, cold rolled steel and plastics
- Associates degree in a design-related field OR CAD certification (CSWA, CSWP, CSWPA-SM, CSWPA-WD, CSWP-DT)
- 3+ years of experience in CAD design
- Self-starter: motivated, ability to prioritize workload, and capable of working with limited direction. Inspired to make an impact every day.
- Excellent verbal as well as written communication skills and the ability to perform in a team environment
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work hands-on with product for evaluation and reverse engineering
Specific Knowledge / Skills
- Strong proficiency in 3D solid modeling using SolidWorks software
- Strong understanding of Sheet Metal component production methods and basic plastic injection molding.
- Familiarity with various types of hardware and purchased components (nuts, bolts, screws, pins, clips, hooks, etc)
- Global manufacturing experience is preferred, but not required
- Ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience with design of sheet metal products
- Design experience in consumer goods is preferable
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Paid time off plus holidays
- Comprehensive benefit plans
- 401k plan
- Career growth opportunities
Char-Griller is an Equal Opportunity Employer