VIEW JOBS10/12/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-10T00:00<p>We are creating an altruistic platform that facilitates the connection and exchange of information between individuals and/or organizations that need help with those that are providing help and vice versa. The way that we are going to bootstrap our social media, is by listing thousands of projects and initiatives that are tackling COVID-19 pandemic. </p><p><br></p><p>We are looking for volunteer who want to join us in our fight against pandemics like COVID-19 and other crisis alike.</p><p><br></p><p>As a <strong>Solidity Engineer</strong> <strong>volunteer</strong> at FightPandemics, you will:</p><ul> <li>Develop features and improvements to the FightPandemics product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.</li> <li>Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices.</li> <li>Collaborate with other engineers, product managers and other stakeholders (e.g. UX) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.</li> <li>Take ownership of the complete lifecycle of a product features from planning to implementation to testing to production.</li> </ul><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><h3>Qualifying Skills:</h3><ul> <li>You are passionate about blockchain technology, our product and you want to contribute and not wait on the sidelines.</li> <li>Provable ability to ship high quality, well crafted code running on Ethereum.</li> <li>You are positive and have a solution-oriented mindset.</li> <li>You have attention to detail.</li> <li>You are a problem solver with strong communication skills.</li> <li>You enjoy writing robust code that follows best practices.</li> <li>You have a deep understanding of blockchain, smart contracts, Ethereum and decentralized protocols.</li> <li>Knowledgeable about blockchain fundamentals (consensus, nodes, forks, transactions, web3, DAOs).</li> <li>Most importantly, you want to be part of something great that positively impacts society especially in times of crisis.</li> </ul><h3>Super-Nice-to-haves</h3><ul> <li>Knowledge of Solidity.</li> <li>Bash scripting experience</li> <li>Openness to learn new technologies.</li> <li>Experience working with a remote team.</li> <li>Open source experience.</li> <li>Developer platform/tool industry experience</li> </ul><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><h3>Why Join Us?</h3><ul> <li> <strong>Expand your network.</strong> You get to work as a part of a innovative, global and diverse team.</li> <li> <strong>Be part of a movement.</strong> We are doing big, much needed things and dream big about where this all will take us.</li> <li> <strong>Learn and grow.</strong> You get to continuously learn and develop your skills. You might join us as an Engineer but are able to contribute to any team's work if you'd like. Have passion for writing job postings? Welcome to work with our Operations team!</li> <li> <strong>Be free.</strong> You have the freedom to set the hours you are able to contribute every week.</li> <li> <strong>Do good.</strong> It is a scientific fact that volunteering for a good cause improves your wellbeing.</li> </ul><p>This position is strictly ‘<strong>volunteer</strong>’ and is an <strong>unpaid position.</strong></p>FightpandemicsNew YorkNY
VIEW JOBS10/28/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-26T00:00Enterprise Trading Platform (ETP) develops next-generation trading systems to support the growing needs of Bloomberg's enterprise OMS clients. ETP is on a mission to provide a scalable cross-asset transaction data platform, delivering greater transparency of trading events and enhanced analytical capability to positions, P&L, and trade life cycles.
The Trading Infrastructure team is responsible for real-time systems that capture more than 4 million trade events daily from our global clients, driving the majority of downstream Bloomberg OMS (Order Management Systems) applications. These systems are the most critical components of our OMS products as other financial data such as positions and P&L are derived from trade events. We are currently re-architecting these systems and infrastructure to ensure our products remain competitive and achieve higher throughput, reliability, and traceability. Our work includes building asynchronous messaging pipelines, designing microservices to apply business logic, and working with other engineering teams to integrate the systems with their applications.
As a member of the team, you will work on designs, implements, and support of our trading infrastructure to host ever-growing and sophisticated financial data. Your key focus will be delivering highly reliable and scalable applications in a fast-paced environment. You will be working in close contact with experienced engineers in the team and across the Bloomberg organization. The team operates in an agile manner where everyone is expected to contribute ideas in an open discussion to achieve the team's time-to-market objectives. Our culture puts an emphasis on applying industry standard practices and tools to bear on the challenges we face, and we embrace open source technologies wherever appropriate.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
* 3+ years of experience in C/C++ or any other object-oriented programming language
* Excellent problem-solving abilities, object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
* A solid understanding of LINUX/UNIX operating systems
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal
* Working knowledge of Python
* A self-starter approach with a strong sense of ownership
WE'D LOVE TO SEE:
* Prior experience developing Order or Execution Management Systems
* Experience with open-source middleware like RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka
* Experience with Agile development
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
VIEW JOBS10/28/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-26T00:00Our Purpose
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior full-stack engineer
Access Services Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, high performing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to create the foundational capabilities that application teams develop on top of it. This team leads with mission to provide overall stewardship of enterprise grade application architecture & design within the context of holistic software development. This includes driving the architecture & design decisions and building consensus around it. The team leads the exploration in software architecture & technology innovations along with enabling excellence in overall team.
* Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, Big data Engineers & architects. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
* Senior Engineer at MasterCard is a high performing engineer within the organization and spearheads the architecture or framework implementations. He or she participates in the Software Development Life Cycle through Coaching, R&D, Proof of Concepts, Prototyping, Code review etc. Additionally, He or she influences the development practices so that they are in compliance with best practices, policies and procedures.
* Do you have what it takes to provide technical leadership for a Scrum team, including coaching and mentoring?
* Have you got the skills to be recognized as a Lead Engineer in a Scrum team?
Essential responsibilities of the position:
* Execute and own the baseline architecture implementations and design activities collaborating with other Engineers & Engineering Team.
* Regularly communicate with management about risk analysis and design tradeoffs.
* Work on Pre SDLC or Discovery activities owning and contributing to assigned activities related to technical feasibility & assessment, providing responses.
* Experience in working with fast paced, modern Architecture with extensive experience with building Spring boot applications, REST API's, NO/SQL data bases and actively participate in R&D on the new frameworks
* Strong communication skills, with an ability to express and design ideas to a development team
* Participate & contribute in Product kick off sessions & Requirement workshops for Direction and course correction w.r.t. domain based solutions, technology feasibility, competence requirements, resources requirements
* Provide guidance to teams on development standards, automation and tools
* Understanding of cloud eco system is must and have done hands on implementations on creating web applications for internal or external cloud.
* Deep understanding of Software programing concepts specially in Java/JEE
All About You
* Software development, design & architecture experience in enterprise grade software solutions.
* Hands on experience required and will be part of the day to day activities
o Combination of more than one technology platform including
Micro services working experience
Experience with modern web, distributed, event driven Architecture
Java and Java EE platforms including Spring framework & components, Hibernate, Messaging, Node JS or Express JS or similar, Web & Application Server ( Server App Design & Technology Skills ), Web Services, REST ( Services Design & Technology Skills )
o Application Security including Information security principles & realization, web app security, OWASP & PCI DSS Compliance ( Security Design & Technology Skills )
* Experience implementing solutions for large scale deployments including large enterprises or service providers, banking or payment solutions
* Good understanding & experience with software development processes such as Scrum, SAFe, Extreme Programming and/or Lean etc.
* Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams and select third parties
* Solid experience of working in project teams
* Desire to stay abreast of new development tools and methods
* Bachelor Engineering or Technology in Computer Science, Engineering or IT Required
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
MastercardNew York CityNY