Solar Project Developer
Urban Grid Solar Projects
Midlothian , VA 23112
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Urban Grid Solar Projects is a leader in building clean energy solutions through utility-scale solar project development. Urban Grid has provided utilities and corporate clients with more 350 MWac of clean energy to date and is actively developing a growing portfolio consisting of 9,300 MWac solar PV and 1,728 MWac energy storage throughout eleven states across the U.S. Our large-scale photovoltaic power plants are a vital source of clean, renewable energy that will help shape the diversified electric grid of the future.
PRIMARY ROLE: The primary responsibility of this position will be to coordinate and manage the pre-construction development of utility scale solar projects, including management and coordination of all project due diligence, permitting, studies, interconnection and engineering activities, as well as managing all key project relationships from landowners, legals, consultants, suppliers and internal teams through to utilities, governmental and regulatory bodies. This position is key to Urban Grids goals for continued success in developing the highest quality solar generation assets.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain clear and concise communication with and reporting to Urban Grids management team on all development activities, risks and constraints throughout the pre-construction development phase
- Provide effective, forward-looking, hands-on project management skills within the organization as it relates to solar project development
- Manage multiple projects in parallel at the same time
- Coordinate with in-house and 3rd party Interconnection, Electrical and Design engineers to ensure the most efficient, optimized and compliant design is maintained throughout both the interconnection application and permitting procedures
- Manage, with in-house experts and 3rd party consultants, all studies required in order to reach a ready-to-build status such as title, ROWs, ALTA, topography, wetlands, hydrology, geotechnical, environmental, species, forestry, flood etc.
- Manage all permit applications and all relevant studies and procedures required to successfully achieve all permits necessary to bring the project to a ready to build status
- Interface with senior management on matters relating to development engineering progress, risks, quality, scope and schedule
- MUST have a minimum of 2 years directly relevant experience in utility-scale solar project development management
- Excellent verbal, written, technical, legal and presentation skills
- Excellent listener and skilled at negotiation
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and problem solving
- Hard-working and able to prioritize a large task load in a fast-paced environment
Location: This is currently a remote position. Willing to work from our Richmond, VA office (post COVID-19)
Urban Grid offers comprehensive benefits including: Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account and Retirement plan with matching. Full-time position with compensation commensurate with experience.