VIEW JOBS1/20/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-20T00:00Description:
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Software Engineering
Job Code: SAS20202210-52134
Job Location:Wilmington MA
Responsible for supporting software development activities ranging from proposal response, concept/architecture development, embedded software development (design, code, and unit test), system level integration and test, and post-delivery support requiring a deep understanding of embedded software development for complex aerospace imaging payloads.
* Experience with the full software development life cycle (e.g., Waterfall, Agile) from conceptualization and requirements analysis through final software verification & validation of space payload level systems and sub-systems for the aerospace and commercial communities.
* Work with our development staff across multi-disciplined teams to develop flight-based software to support in payload hardware/software Integration & Test (I&T) activities.
* Lead software development projects and serve as a liaison between developers, program management, analysts, other engineering disciplines, customers, and suppliers.
* Establish positive environment of encouragement and mentoring to team members
* BS in Computer Science or engineering related field and 6+ years of relevant engineering experience, OR, MS in Computer Science or engineering related field and 4+ years of relevant engineering experience
* 5+ years of experience in the area of software development, hardware/software interfaces, and test for embedded space applications
* 5+ years of experience in embedded programming languages and concepts, such as C/C++, and object-oriented design
* Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
* Hands-on experience, in integrating and testing embedded processing systems to the software/hardware level
* Ability to debug/analyze data
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Experience with the Linux Operating System (OS)
* Experience in estimating large software programs for current and new business opportunities
* Experience in payload I&T and ground test equipment development
* Thorough understanding of modern hardware/software tools and how these may be used to improve the development process.
* Familiarity with LabVIEW and MatLab
* Strong problem solving, mechanical, mathematical and geo-spatial comprehension skills.
* Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with customers, senior management, program management and suppliers as well as mentoring of junior engineers.
* Ability to obtain or have a current Secret/Top Secret clearance
VIEW JOBS12/29/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-03-29T00:00Textron Systems is hiring an Embedded Software Engineer to work alongside senior team members in completing embedded software development lifecycle activities to address business line growth. The goal is to create scalable and optimized software systems for defense applications to support modernization efforts for the US military. Textron systems is developing highly complex systems using microprocessor, ARM, and/or DSP architectures. The candidate must demonstrate academic and/or work experience knowledge in developing and debugging software code on these platforms. The candidate will work very closely with senior software, systems, and electrical engineers to implement and optimize routines to prototype and evaluate system functionality. System integration is a key aspect to the work of the team; therefore, the candidate must be capable of learning and implementing standard sensor, communication, and component interfaces. This candidate will be mentored and work under the direction with senior team members. This position requires that the candidate be a US citizen with or capable of receiving a secret level security clearance.
* Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to prototype and customer deployment
* Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
* Review code and design
* Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
* Assist in integrating and validating new product designs
* Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
* Interface with hardware design and development
* Assess third party and open source software
* Desire to work in embedded software engineering
* BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* 5-10 years of experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
* Solid programming knowledge in C or C
* Relevant experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems preferred
* Experience with programming the STMicroelectronics STM32 family of ARM processors preferred
* Experience with programming the Analog Devices SHARC® and SHARC ® digital signal processing (DSP) core technologies family of ARM processors preferred
* Relevant experience with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
* Knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, Memory) and hardware subsystems preferred
* Relevant experience with reading schematics and data sheets for components
* Strong documentation and writing skills
* This position requires the ability to obtain a US Secret Clearance
VIEW JOBS12/24/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-03-24T00:00Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital worlds with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect.
Job Locations: Wilmington, MA and Boston, MA are available work locations
Principal Job Responsibilities:
May perform some or all of the following: Interact with department members to gain understanding of technical context. Contribute to creation of innovative solutions to block level problems. Contribute to development and execution of software test plans. Perform integration of software on targeted hardware platforms. Perform low level debug using JTAG or similar hardware debug tool. Participate in design / implementation of software components to meet stated requirements. Provide support for software components and products.
At least a Bachelor's degree (or foreign educational equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline. In addition to degree, must have: demonstrated ability to deliver projects including development, documenting, rationalizing and/or present project requirements; understanding of data structures; completed projects using object-oriented programming; ability to develop embedded software within an embedded framework; use of C, C++, C#, or a similar programming language; familiarity with microprocessor architectures and coding techniques where awareness of the architecture is required; demonstrated ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and set priorities to deliver on schedule; and solid oral, written, and presentation communication skills to efficiently communicate across a global organization where success is highly dependent on collaboration and effective communication.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position - EXCEPT US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) - may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Females / Vet / Disability.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position - except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) - may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Analog Devices, Inc.WilmingtonMA
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.