Software QA Engineer (Molecular Diagnostic Devices)
Beverly , MA 01915
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Molecular Diagnostic Devices), under minimal supervision, supports software development activities including software requirements, architecture, design, implementation, documentation, integration, verification, and validation.Key Responsibilities:
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Develop and execute unit, integration, software system V&V testing to ensure software functions within the application and with electrical and mechanical devices
- Develop and execute system level, functional and non-functional, integration, regression, performance/stability tests
- Create/Maintain traceability matrix user needs, system requirements, software requirements, software architecture, and software design, test cases
- Create/Maintain test reports according to the V&V plan
- Verify and validate software requirements, software architecture, and software design; track and solve issues related to software and software-hardware integrations; release and maintain software; conduct software changes per regulations and controlled guidelines
- Participate in requirements review, design reviews, code reviews, test case reviews, and team meetings
- Help create/maintain software requirements, software architecture, software design specification documentation
- Create/Maintain and support the execution of SW verification/validation and/or code reviews as per project policy
Skills and Experiences Preferred:
- BS or MS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science with a minimum of 3 years software quality/development experience
- Strong skills in C#/.Net framework, GUI and WPF framework, Python and XML, and/or similar high-level language
- Strong analytical and debugging skills in software and software-hardware integrations
- High accountability for teamwork assignments, concise and clear verbal, and written communication
- Passionate with a strong desire in developing business enabling new technologies
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes. Experience writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Medical device industry experience is a plus
- Experience with implementation of ISO 14971, 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, IEC 62304 is a plus
- Experience with Quality/Design Assurance, and Design Control and Software Development initiatives for FDA Class II and Class III medical devices and software as a medical device is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum) methodology is a plus
- Working experience in the medical device industry, ideally in complex IVD systems comprised of sensing for image acquisition, algorithms for image processing, or automated microfluidic control.
- Working experience in backend web service endpoint or IoT device management.
- Working experience in software test automation and DevOps CI/CD.
- Working experience in cross-platform integration and test for clinical automation applications.