Software Engineer II, Unity Game Developer & Designer Remote USA
Boston , MA 02110
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Unity Game Developer & Designer, for Educational Software Development teamThis role is based in Boston, MA with a Syrinx Educational Technology PartnerThis role can 100% Remote, and can run contract or contract to hire.
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
We are unable to sponsor at this time.
We are seeking a developer responsible for building games for various target platforms based on the Unity framework. Your primary responsibilities will be to implement game functionality translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements into a functional and engaging game. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are essential.Responsibilities
- Program tools in C# and Unity
- Unity development: Were a small team, so your focus is implementation.
- Youll be collaborating with all to add new features and game mechanics to existing titles, bring new game concepts from prototype to polished final product, iteratively refine student interactions to maximize learning and fun and fix bugs, of course!
- Elevate our Unity codebase: Youll evolve and expand our library of education and game components that underlie our suite of mobile and web games in multiple genres.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline
- 2-4+ years experience with Unity 3D (preference for Mobile Games)
- Proficient in C# and WebGL
- Prior experience with a well-known mobile title or AAA titles are a significant asset
- Strong software design, development, and programming skills, such as object-oriented programming, common design patterns, and game development lifecycles
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Experience working in Agile Teams (Scrum)
- Experience with game engineer domains (Example: graphics, gameplay, pathfinding, animation, physics, particle systems, UI)
- Experience with databases, mobile app development, and source control systems (Git)
- Understanding of advanced 3D mathematics
- Enthusiastic about gaming culture and Education
The role is fully remote, and based from a Boston Innovation District team.