VIEW JOBS11/11/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-09T00:00About Study.com
We are a technology company on a mission to make education accessible. Study.com helps millions of students improve their grades and earn college credit. We offer self-paced, online video courses that cover every subject taught in high school and junior college. Our team has built these courses from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging for students.
We are a profitable, fast growing company looking to expand our team.
We began our journey in 2002 as a self-funded start-up and have grown every year since our inception. As a small, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
Study.com was also top ranked in Inc. Best Place to Work!
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we continue to generate profits, we give back by funding scholarship programs and helping charitable organizations provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Java Software Engineer Position
As a Java Software Engineer at Study.com you can…
* Find creative solutions to scaling bottlenecks in our microservice architecture as we double our student population
* Develop new mobile app features to make teachers more effective
* Leverage machine learning techniques to make lessons and study aids easier to find by students
* Deliver new online and mobile experiences for test takers
* Apply performance enhancements that let millions of learners world-wide focus on their goals, not their browser
NOTE: This position is located in-house at our Mountain View, CA location.
At a minimum, you should have these technical qualifications for this role:
* 2+ years' experience in Java and J2EE technologies in a business environment
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
* Background in relational databases (MySQL preferred)
You could be a great fit for the team if you…
* Desire to work in a collaborative, team-based environment built around Scrum
* Are passionate about developing your skills, learning from and sharing your knowledge with your team
* Love to build and ship end-to-end features that are used by millions of users
* Enjoy integrating, configuring, and tuning NoSQL data stores such as Solr and Cassandra
* Emphasize simplicity and pragmatism, reflected in your elegant code which other developers emulate
Why work for Study.com?
* Help make education accessible to people who need it
* Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
* Join a profitable and financially stable company
* Help impact company decisions and direction
* See results of your work in days, not years
* Have your work impact 30+ million web visitors each month
* Work with other talented and passionate team members
* Competitive compensation
* 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
* 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
* Additional 10 paid holidays annually
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
* Fully subsidized Caltrain pass
* Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
* Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
* Company sponsored gym memberships
* Company sponsored happy hours to celebrate accomplishments
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.
VIEW JOBS10/29/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-27T00:00<p>We didn’t create 219 Design to be just another Silicon Valley engineering firm. 219 was started by engineers, for engineers. 219ers work on a diverse set of challenging and meaningful projects with a variety of clients spanning numerous industries. We do this while still enjoying a personal life and pursuing our passions outside work.</p><p>219 Design helps great companies invent products that change the world while working on projects we care about — whether it’s solving a challenge of particular interest or working on something with important implications. We maintain a transparent organization and value honesty with each other, our clients, and ourselves. And we maintain great communication, knowledge sharing, and collaboration through mentoring, employee-led tech discussions, a weekly company-wide lunch & learn, and an open-door policy.<br></p><p>We believe that it’s our employees’ knowledge, creativity, and approach that make our projects so successful and that help our clients achieve their goals, so we support them through our culture and policies – like our average 40-hour workweek, our profit sharing program, and our collaborative approach. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.</p><p>As a C++ software engineer at 219 Design, you will work on a diverse set of projects with a variety of clients. We need engineers who are adaptable and passionate about their work. If 219 sounds like a good fit and you are fluent in C++, please apply! <br></p><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><p>Responsibilities</p><ul> <li>Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software as part of an interdisciplinary team</li> <li>Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables</li> </ul><p>Qualifications</p><ul> <li>Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship</li> <li>BS degree in Computer Science or a similar field of study</li> <li>Passionate C++ software developer and believe in OOP principles</li> <li>Good communication skills w/the ability to be respectful and persuasive at the same time</li> <li>Able to work both as part of a team and individually</li> </ul><p>Bonus Points</p><ul> <li>Further education or experience in a related field</li> <li>3D graphics rendering</li> <li>Programming for VR applications</li> <li>Test-Driven Development</li> <li>Qt experience</li> </ul><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><ul> <li>Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance</li> <li>Profit Sharing</li> <li>401(k) Matching</li> <li>40 Hour Week, Flexible Schedule</li> <li>Paid Time Off</li> <li>Paid Training & Development</li> <li>Company-wide Planning Monday & Cool Stuff Friday</li> </ul>219 DesignMountain ViewCA
VIEW JOBS11/8/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-06T00:00<p></p> <p><strong>Python Automation Engineer with LTE,</strong></p> <p><strong>located in Mountain View, CA</strong></p> <p><strong>Minimum Qualifications:</strong></p> <ul> <li>Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field</li> <li>3-8+ years of software development and testing experience.</li> <li>Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, or Python.</li> <li>Experience working with testing multiple L2 and L3 networking protocols, LTE EPC (SGW</li> <li>or PGW or MME) is preferred.</li> <li>Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis</li> <li>Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies</li> <li>Strong communicator and problem solver with a proven track record of working</li> <li>collaboratively on complex projects</li> </ul> <p><strong>Preferred Qualifications:</strong></p> <ul> <li>Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines is good to have</li> <li>Familiarity with Linux and open source tools, such as bash, git, docker, upstart.</li> <li>Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical and problem solving skills</li> </ul> <p><strong>Responsibilities:</strong></p> <ul> <li>Create testing infrastructure for Networking based solutions focus on integration and end</li> <li>to end testing</li> <li>Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence</li> <li>others to improve the overall design.</li> <li>Developing frameworks which promote: Maintainability, Flexibility, Extensibility and</li> <li>Scalability</li> <li>Develop load / stress / functional test plans and designing test cases for testing end to</li> <li>end solution.</li> <li>Develop test scripts and automated test fixtures for functional test, software installation</li> <li>and burn-in.</li> <li>Perform feature, system, and solution testing. In addition, certify software releases for</li> <li>general use.</li> </ul>Macropace TechnologiesMountain ViewCA