VIEW JOBS1/15/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-15T00:00Apply Now
VP - Software Engineer Java Spring
Req #: 180011562
Location: Mountain View, CA,US
Job Category: Technology
Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability
through the use of digital channels. The ambition is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments and to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers
increasingly expect. The online and mobile channels for Chase currently support millions of customers, making Chase the most visited banking portal in the US.
Within Consumer and Community Banking, the Digital IT team is responsible for setting and executing strategies that align with business objectives and drive innovation across Chase Online and Mobile, helping to establish the best Digital
banking customer experience in the industry. As Software Engineer Lead, you will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications for the Chase Online customer base. This position requires a high level of development expertise with Internet based programming architectures and Object Oriented principles. The ability to communicate effectively is also required as you will work closely with other groups both within and outside of the organization to coordinate design, development, and testing efforts of your assigned application components to ensure the successful delivery of the project. The Software Engineer Lead position in Digital Tech is
responsible for ensuring the successful analysis, architecture, design, development (of core functions) and code review of application components. You will utilize mature programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures, and techniques. You will additionally be responsible for performing software troubleshooting and monitoring functions for an extremely high transaction rate and low to zero downtime based applications. You will also be responsible for defining and maintaining design guidelines, coding standards, software methodologies and processes. You should be able to work in a fast paced and scrum/agile environment with aggressive deadlines, where each sprint will constitute 2 to 3 weeks.
* 10+ years of extensive hands on Application Development work experience throughout the entire project lifecycle.
* Strong architecture, analysis, design, coding, and code review skills with Internet applications.
* Strong focus on time and resource-management, decision-making and parallel project deliveries.
* Knowledge of and experience in the implementation of design patterns and best practices.
* Experience in profiling, identifying and optimizing existing code and code developed by other team members.
* Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures.
* Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with business analysts, solution architects, project managers and development teams.
Skills required: Must have experience with Java/J2SE 8 with a deep understanding of the language and core API's, web services, multi-threaded/concurrent programming, XML, code profiling and optimization, design patterns, Service Oriented Architecture.
Preferred skills: Financial services experience;
Technology: Core Java, J2EE-JDBC, JMS, NoSQL dB, Embedded dB;
Application Frameworks: Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security;
SOA: REST and SOAP based services using JSON/XML messages;
Testing Frameworks: Spring JUnit, Mockito, Power Mock, DBUnit;
Data Access Frameworks: Hibernate, MyBatis;
Database: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Mongo Db, Derby;
Operating Systems: Linux, Unix Solaris;
Code Repositories: SVN, GIT;
Build/Deployment Tools: Maven, Ant.
Tech at JPMC
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.
Jpmorgan Chase & Co.Mountain ViewCA
VIEW JOBS1/10/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-10T00:00About Us:
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cybersecurity, operates one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec's Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
As part of a small but creative team, you will be involved in building medium to large sized highly scalable client and server-side applications from start to finish, including the following:
* Regularly collaborate with product and member services teams, understanding the requirements, prototyping and documentation, system design, server side development.
* Develop services that run on various Java containers (Tomcat, Ec2), build secure web services, familiar with Java EE specifications (messaging, persistence, batch), build development artifacts
* Deploy for integration/enterprise testing, bring to bear continuous delivery (preferably Jenkins) and the support of applications within a production environment.
* Developing services that run on clustered environments, enhancing core LifeLock platforms using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and/or Micro services architecture deployable on cloud hosted platforms (AWS preferred
* Closely involved in performance management and Capacity Planning, building Monitoring and Metrics dashboards; design and develop well defined secure Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for clients to consume.
* Responsible for designing and architecting web based systems, hosted platforms, data integration with external vendors, data transformation and delivery and enterprise integration systems.
* Participate in full integration testing, data integration/development, enterprise information integration and/or ETL.
You will develop applications and mentor other developers, giving direction on coding/development and utilizing Java EE Technologies including JSP/Servlets, EJB3, JMS, JDBC, JMX, JMS, JPA; JDK 1.7 or above, Web Services (REST): XML, XSL, Spring Framework and Java i18n. Should be proficient in developing for cloud platforms, writing scalable applications and using NoSQL technologies like MongoDB and Redis.
Utilize development methodologies including SDLC, Scrum, and/or Agile, test-driven development, and tools used to develop Java code such as JUnit/Cactus, Eclipse, IntelliJ or NetBeans, and Git/Subversion for sprint planning, growing code coverage and testing for regression.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and 5 years of progressive experience in a system development occupation. Alternatively, employer will accept a Master's degree CS or IS, and 3 years working in a system development occupation.
Experience ought to include the following:
* 3 years designing and crafting web based systems in either in-house datacenters or third-party hosted cloud platforms (AWS preferred), engaged in data integration with external vendors, data transformation and delivery systems and enterprise integration systems.
* 3 years of extensive experience with building Restful webservices using RESTeasy, Jersey, JAX-RS or Dropwizard, API design and documentation using swagger, OAuth/JWT security, concurrent programming, testing frameworks etc
* 2 years developing applications that include appropriate logging solutions using frameworks like Log4j/Commons, SumoLogic/Splunk using debug tools to solve issues in production systems.
* 2 years of experience in database technologies including Oracle, MongoDB, Redis or other related NoSQL solutions.
* 3 years of experience using different development methodologies including SDLC, Scrum, and/or Agile, and test-driven development;
* Experience in mentoring other developers and providing technical direction on application development; experience with gathering and documenting technical requirements and specifications;
* 2 years developing tools such as JUnit/Cactus, writing functional tests, code coverage tools, continuous integration and delivery systems like Jenkins.
* 2 writing Java code using tools like Eclipse, NetBeans or IntelliJ , and Git/Subversion.
* At least 2 years working across many disciplines of information technology including: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Optimum Web Application design for maximum performance, Operating Systems: Mac and Linux, Performance Management, Application Program Interfaces (APIs), Messaging Software and Interoperability Techniques and Standards.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Symantec CorporationMountain ViewCA
VIEW JOBS12/24/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-24T00:00<p>We didn’t create 219 Design to be just another Silicon Valley engineering firm. 219 was started by engineers, for engineers. 219ers work on a diverse set of challenging and meaningful projects with a variety of clients spanning numerous industries. We do this while still enjoying a personal life and pursuing our passions outside work.</p><p>219 Design helps great companies invent products that change the world while working on projects we care about — whether it’s solving a challenge of particular interest or working on something with important implications. We maintain a transparent organization and value honesty with each other, our clients, and ourselves. And we maintain great communication, knowledge sharing, and collaboration through mentoring, employee-led tech discussions, a weekly company-wide lunch & learn, and an open-door policy.<br></p><p>We believe that it’s our employees’ knowledge, creativity, and approach that make our projects so successful and that help our clients achieve their goals, so we support them through our culture and policies – like our average 40-hour workweek, our profit sharing program, and our collaborative approach. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.</p><p>As a C++ software engineer at 219 Design, you will work on a diverse set of projects with a variety of clients. We need engineers who are adaptable and passionate about their work. If 219 sounds like a good fit and you are fluent in C++, please apply! <br></p><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><p>Responsibilities</p><ul> <li>Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software as part of an interdisciplinary team</li> <li>Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables</li> </ul><p>Qualifications</p><ul> <li>Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship</li> <li>BS degree in Computer Science or a similar field of study</li> <li>Passionate C++ software developer and believe in OOP principles</li> <li>Good communication skills w/the ability to be respectful and persuasive at the same time</li> <li>Able to work both as part of a team and individually</li> </ul><p>Bonus Points</p><ul> <li>Further education or experience in a related field</li> <li>3D graphics rendering</li> <li>Programming for VR applications</li> <li>Test-Driven Development</li> <li>Qt experience</li> </ul><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><ul> <li>Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance</li> <li>Profit Sharing</li> <li>401(k) Matching</li> <li>40 Hour Week, Flexible Schedule</li> <li>Paid Time Off</li> <li>Paid Training & Development</li> <li>Company-wide Planning Monday & Cool Stuff Friday</li> </ul>219 DesignMountain ViewCA