Software Engineer (Back-End)
New York , NY 10003
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
PhotoShelter, the leader in photography portfolio websites, photo sales, marketing and archiving tools for photographers, is seeking an experienced PHP Software Engineer.
- Design, develop, maintain and optimize secure and scalable multi-tier web applications.
- Strong knowledge of PHP, Linux, and SQL
- Strong knowledge of databases: stored procedures, triggers, indexes, table normalization and design.
- Comfortable with both object oriented and procedural programming methodologies.
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices.
- Experience with lower-level programming languages (e.g. C, C++).
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Sphinx Search, Redis.
- Experience with network programming, BSD sockets, daemons and distributed systems.
- Experience with image processing (e.g. DCRAW, imagemagick, exiftool, nconvert).
- Experience with video processing (e.g. ffmpeg).
- Experience with high-volume, high-performance websites.
- Passionate about programming and producing high-quality, efficient and scalable code.
- Love of photography
- BS/MS in engineering/computer science and significant work experience.
- Must be able to gather requirements, design, code and test independently as well as work jointly with the team.
- 3+ years of programming in a scalable production environment
- All candidates will be given a programming test to assess skill level